NBC Sports Stanley Cup Coverage Ranks as Top-Rated Game 2 Ever on Network
Note that the fast-national ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to change when Nielsen reports official-national results for live telecasts such as Saturday night's Stanley Cup Final Game 2. Prior to those adjustments, NBC is #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in adults 18-49 and all other key measures in the fast-national ratings, ranking #1 in adults 18-49 during six of six Primetime half-hours.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, NBC Sports' coverage of Saturday night's double-overtime New York Rangers-Los Angeles Kings matchup averaged a 4.6 rating, 9 share in metered-market households, to rank as the top-rated Stanley Cup Final Game 2 ever on NBC or NBCSN in metered-market households.
· The 4.6 rating is up +59% versus the year-ago Game 2 on NBCSN (2.9 in metered-market households) and up +109% versus NBC's coverage of Game 2 of in 2012, which also featured the L.A. Kings (vs. the New Jersey Devils, 2.2).
· Last night's game scored an 8.9 rating in Los Angeles in metered-market households, making this L.A.'s second-best overnight rating ever on NBC, trailing only the King's Cup-winning Game 6 of the 2012 Final.
· New York delivered its best NHL rating ever on NBC or NBCSN, with a 10.5 rating in metered-market households.
· The top five Markets for last night's Stanley Cup Final Game 2 were: New York, 10.5; Los Angeles, 8.9; Buffalo, 8.1; Boston, 6.9; Minneapolis-St. Paul, 6.4.
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday Night:
· An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host and musical guest Miley Cyrus (delayed to a 12:15 a.m. ET start due to a Stanley Cup hockey overrun), averaged a 2.0/6 in household results in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 0.9/5 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters, making it the #1 on-sports telecast of the night on the Big 4 networks in 18-49 in the Local People Meters, ahead of all Primetime entertainment programs on those networks in 18-49.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.