NBC NIGHTLY NEWS is Most-Watched Network Evening Newscast
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS, NBC
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast in both total viewers and adults 25-54 for the week ending November 1, 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Nightly has won in total viewers for 216 consecutive weeks, and in 263 of the past 264 weeks.
Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (8.395 million) to start a season since 2006 and its best advantage over ABC (+767,000) since 2005.
· Nightly delivered 8.679 million total viewers, +851,000 more than ABC World News' 7.828 million and +1,880,000 more than CBS Evening News' 6.799 million.
· Week-to-week, Nightly widened its total viewer advantage over ABC (+851,000 vs. +557,000).
· This marks Nightly's best total viewer delivery since the week of April 15, 2013.
· Nightly averaged a 5.8/11 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 5.3/10 and CBS' 4.5/9.
· Nightly delivered a 1.8 A25-54 rating, +1 tenth ahead of ABC's 1.7 and +5 tenths more than CBS's 1.3 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.138 million viewers, +131,000 ahead of World News' 2.007 million, and +576,000 ahead of Evening News' 1.562 million.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 216 consecutive weeks, and in 263 of the past 264 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 257 of the past 258 weeks.
NOTE: Please note all programs airing the week of October 29, 2012 are unavailable for comparison due to the impact of Superstorm Sandy on Nielsen intab levels.
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.