NBC NIGHTLY NEWS is #1 for 25th Consecutive Quarter
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast for the week ending December 27, 2013 and the fourth quarter of 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
For the quarter, Nightly averaged nearly 9 million total viewers -- marking its best 4Q total viewer delivery since 2006. Year-to-year, Nightly widened its total viewer lead over ABC World News by +33%, posting its biggest margin of victory over ABC since 2010.
For the final week of 2013, Nightly topped World News by 1.1 million total viewers and 236,000 viewers A25-54, marking the eighth consecutive week that the NBC broadcast has topped ABC by over 1 million viewers. NOTE: All three programs were retitled on Christmas Eve and Christmas, and are based on 3-day averages (Mon, Thu, Fri). Natalie Morales anchored "NBC Nightly News" on Thursday and Friday.
· Nightly delivered 8.725 million total viewers, +1,107,000 more than ABC World News' 7.618 million and +2,188,000 more than CBS Evening News' 6.537 million.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.116 million viewers, +236,000 ahead of World News' 1.880 million, and +639,000 ahead of Evening News' 1.477 million.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 224 consecutive weeks, and in 271 of the past 272 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 265 of the past 266 weeks.
4th Quarter 2013:
· Nightly was #1 for the quarter in total viewers and all key demographics.
· Nightly averaged 8.947 million total viewers, +1,045,000 more than ABC World News' 7.902 million viewers and +2,034,000 more than CBS Evening News' 6.913 million viewers.
· Nightly posted its best 4Q total viewer delivery since 2006.
· Year-to-year, Nightly widened its total viewer lead over ABC by +33%, posting its biggest margin of victory over ABC World News since 2010.
· Nightly averaged a 1.9 A25-54 rating, +3 tenths more than ABC's 1.6 rating and +5 tenths more than CBS' 1.4 rating
· In viewers A25-54, Nightly averaged 2.255 million viewers, +283,000 more than ABC's 1.972 million and +599,000 ahead of CBS' 1.656 million.
· Nightly has been #1 in:
· Total viewers for 25 consecutive quarters
· Rating Adults 25-54 for 25 consecutive quarters (including 2 ties)
· Rating Women 25-54 for 22 straight quarters (includes 1 tie)
· Rating Men 25-54 for 70 consecutive quarters (including 2 ties)
· Rating Adults 18-49 for 25 straight quarters
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.
More On: ABC, NBC, CBS,