"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast in both total viewers and adults 25-54 for the week ending March 9, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The NBC broadcast topped ABC by nearly 1.2 million total viewers - this represents the sixth consecutive week that Nightly has outperformed World News by at least one million viewers (and 15 out of the last 18 weeks). Nightly has won in total viewers for 234 consecutive weeks, and in 281 of the past 282 weeks.
• Nightly delivered 9.740 million total viewers, +14% (+1,193,000) more than ABC World News and +28% (+2,159,000) ahead of CBS Evening News
• Nightly averaged a 2.0 A25-54 rating, +5% (+1 tenth) ahead of ABC World News and +18% (+3 tenths) more than CBS Evening News
• Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.361 million viewers and outperformed ABC by +3% (+77,000) and CBS by +16% (+328,000)
• Nightly posted the largest growth in total viewers versus the same week last season, increasing +6% (+594,000)
• Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.522 million) to start a season since the 2005-06 season and its largest advantage over ABC (+1,203,000) since the 2009-10 season
• Season-to-date, Nightly is averaging the most growth year-to-year (+7%, or +635,000) while widening its lead over ABC by +52% versus the comparable period last year
• Nightly has won for 234 consecutive weeks, and in 281 of the past 282 weeks among total viewers
• Nightly has topped ABC World News in Adults 25-54 (000) for 275 of the last 276 weeks
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.