NBC NIGHTLY NEWS Remains Most-Watched Network Evening Newscast
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast in both total viewers and adults 25-54 for the week ending September 13, 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Nightly has won in total viewers for 209 consecutive weeks, and in 256 of the past 257 weeks.
Nightly drew its best total viewer delivery since the week of April 15, 2013, as well as its best A25-54 rating and delivery since the week of July 8, 2013.
NOTE: CBS was preempted on Monday due to coverage of the U.S. Open.
· Nightly delivered 8.304 million total viewers, +356,000 more than ABC World News' 7.948 million and +2,222,000 more than CBS Evening News' 6.082 million.
· Week to week, Nightly more than doubled its total viewer advantage over ABC (+356,000 vs. +173,000).
· Nightly averaged a 5.6/11 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 5.4/11 and CBS' 4.1/8.
· Nightly delivered a 1.8 A25-54 rating, +1 tenth ahead of ABC's 1.7 and +6 tenths more than CBS's 1.2 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.103 million viewers, +84,000 ahead of World News' 2.019 million, and +643,000 ahead of Evening News' 1.460 million.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 209 consecutive weeks, and in 256 of the past 257 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 250 of the past 251 weeks.
· Season-to-date, Nightly leads World News by +716,000 total viewers, and by +268,000 Adult 25-54 viewers (+2 tenths).