NBC NIGHT NEWS Tops ABC by 1.3 M Total Viewers
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was the most-watched network evening newscast for the week ending June 14, 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast averaged 8.111 million total viewers, +1.3 million more than ABC "World News," and +2.3 million more than CBS "Evening News."
"NBC Nightly News" Weekly Highlights:
· Nightly delivered 8.111 million total viewers, +19% (+1,308,000) more than ABC World News' 6.803 million and +40% (+2,298,000) more than CBS Evening News' 5.813 million.
· Nightly averaged a 5.5/11 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 4.8/11 and CBS' 4.0/8.
· Nightly has won for 196 consecutive weeks in total viewers, and in 243 of the past 244 weeks among total viewers.
· Nightly delivered a 1.9 A25-54 rating, +5 tenths ahead of ABC's 1.4 rating and +7 tenths more than CBS's 1.2 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.244 million viewers, +31% (+534,000) viewers ahead of World News' 1.710 million and +52% (+769,000) ahead of Evening News' 1.475 million.
· Nightly has topped World News in A25-54 (000) for 238 consecutive weeks.
· Versus the same week last season, Nightly was up +6% in total viewers, +17% among Adults 25-54, +14% among Men 25-54, and +29% among Women 25-54.
· Season-to-date, Nightly leads World News by +784,000 total viewers, and by +314,000 Adult 25-54 viewers (+3 tenths).
NOTE: Due to sports coverage on both NBC (NHL Finals, U.S. Open Golf) and ABC (NBA Finals), Nightly is based on a two-day average (Mon-Tue), while World News is based on a three-day average (Mon, Wed, Fri). Lester Holt anchored Nightly Monday-Thursday; Natalie Morales anchored on Friday.
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." Sam Singal is the senior broadcast producer. For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.