MEET THE PRESS is No. 1 Public Affairs Program of the Week
More viewers tuned into "Meet the Press" on Feb. 16, 2014 than any other Sunday public affairs program, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast drew 3.575 million viewers and 1.138 million A25-54 viewers, topping "Face the Nation's" legacy half-hour and full hour, as well as "This Week" in both categories for the second straight week. Week to week, MTP increased its advantage in total viewers over all other broadcasts. MTP also posted its biggest audience in Washington, DC in over four years (since Jan. 10, 2010).
• MTP averaged 3.575 million total viewers, +31% (+837,000) more than "This Week's" 2.738 million, +46% (+1,123,000) more than "Face the Nation's" hour's 2.452 million and +12% (+445,000) more than "Face the Nation's" legacy half-hour's 3.130 million, and +212% (+2,430,000) ahead of "FOX News Sunday's" 1.145 million.
• In homes, MTP delivered a 2.7 rating and a 7 share, ahead of "This Week's" 1.9/5," Face The Nation hour's" 1.7/4, "Face the Nation's" legacy half-hour's 2.2/6, and "FOX News Sunday's" 0.8/2.
• Second straight win in total viewers and the key demo over the competition, including Face the Nation's legacy half-hour. The week's win also follows MTP's number one public affairs hour performance for the month of January 2014.
• Week to week, MTP increased its advantage in total viewers over all other broadcasts.
• MTP had its biggest total viewer leads over "Face The Nation's" legacy half-hour since 12/30/2012 and versus "This Week" since 1/13/2013.
• MTP had its best A25-54 viewer advantage over "Face The Nation's" legacy half-hour since 6/6/2013.
• MTP posted its biggest audience in Washington, DC in over four years (since Jan. 10, 2010).
MTP delivered an additional 743,000 total viewers and 310,000 A25-54 viewers on MSNBC. MTP's network rebroadcasts were pre-empted due to Olympic programming.
In Washington, DC, MTP averaged 156,000 total viewers (4.0/10HH), +212% ahead of "FOX News Sunday's" 50,000 viewers (1.3/3), +403% more than "Face the Nation hour's" 31,000 viewers (1.2/3), and +875% ahead of "This Week's" 16,000 (0.6/1).
Sunday's edition of "Meet the Press" featured an exclusive interview with Fmr. Republican Presidential Nominee and Governor of Massachusetts MITT Romney; a debate with Bill Nye and Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN); a report from NBC News' Richard Engel; a political roundtable with Republican Strategist Nicolle Wallace, Associated Press White House Correspondent Julie Pace, NBC News' Chuck Todd and Democratic Strategist David Axelrod; and interviews with Bravo's Andy Cohen and Fmr. American figure skater Brian Boitano.
David Gregory is the moderator of "Meet the Press." Rob Yarin is the executive producer, Chris Donovan and Ilana Marcus Drimmer are producers.
More On: NBC, Face The Nation, MITT,