Lifetime's New Docu-Series CHASING NASHVILLE Debuts Tonight
The oft-attempted rocky road to country music success is met with tears, rivalry and intense scrutiny in the all-new Lifetime docu-series Chasing Nashville, premiering tonight, October 22, at 10:00pm PT/ET. Through extensive access to the home and budding professional lives of four ambitious teen singers from Appalachia, the series will follow the high drama and competition they encounter like no other singing show as they, and their equally determined families, lay everything on the line in pursuit of fame and fortune in country music.
For decades, countless hopeful young singers have struggled to fight their way from the hollers of Appalachia for the opportunity to be plucked from obscurity and rise to the top of the music charts. Many have tried, while only a select few have succeeded. Chasing Nashville delves into the real lives of these four young singers as they embark on the uncertain path thousands of others have sought for the rare chance at securing a recording contract. The pressure mounts onstage as they are coached and recruited for high-profile showcases by some of country's best scouts, including renowned Grammy(R)-winning producer Keith Thomas (Trisha Yearwood's You're Where I Belong) and respected writer/producer Deanna Walker (The Dixie Chicks). But behind these budding stars are their cutthroat stage moms and dads who take competition seriously - maybe too seriously - as family dreams ride on their daughter's success. The girls are committed to make a better life for themselves by attempting to scale to the top of the mountain in the music world.
Chasing Nashville will follow the hopes and dreams of:
· Autumn Blair - A true coal-miners daughter, Autumn hails from one of the back hollers of West Virginia and is related to country great, Loretta Lynn.
· Helena Hunt - From Clyde, North Carolina, Helena lives in an actual log cabin and is known for her incredible music talent, including her prowess while playing the banjo.
· Lauren Marie Presley - Originally from Red Water, Texas, Lauren's single mother puts everything behind her daughter's dream while constantly reminding her that she may be related to the legendary Elvis Presley.
· Savannah Little - From Pikeville, Kentucky, Savannah comes in tow with a mom who manages every aspect of her career and spares no expense to ensure that she shines.
· The series also features the up-and-coming Kentucky-based music talents, Julia Knight from Lexington, Celeste Turner of Prestonsburg and Tyra Short from Pine Top.
Chasing Nashville is produced by Superfine Films and Thinkfactory Media and was formerly announced with the title, Hillbetties. Steven Miller (Hillbilly Blood: A Hardscrabble Life) and Justin Green (Hillbilly Blood: A Hardscrabble Life) executive produce for Superfine Films. Adam Reed (Preachers' Daughters), Adam Freeman (Gene Simmons Family Jewels) and Leslie Greif (Hatfields & McCoys) serve as executive producers for Thinkfactory Media, along with Lifetime's Rob Sharenow, Gena McCarthy, Kimberly Chessler and Abigail Harvey. Lifetime has ordered nine hour-long episodes of the series.
More On: Nashville,