Kevin Smith to Headline Warner Bros. EXTRA AT COMIC-CON, 7/12 -14
Comic-Con legend Kevin Smith, rock band The Bacon Brothers - featuring The Following star Kevin Bacon - and a night of standup comedy from NerdMelt will headline three days and nights of fun, free and fan-tastic outdoor entertainment as Warner Bros. Presents the EXTRA AT COMIC-CON stage in San Diego's Bayfront Park, from July 12-14 during the world's leading pop culture convention. Also announced today: free nighttime screenings of The Goonies, Friday the 13th (2009) and Beetlejuice, presented by Flixster.
"Warner Bros. has three priority words in our vocabulary when it comes to Comic-Con: FANS, FREE and FUN. We encourage everyone to check out the 'Extra at Comic-Con' stage this year," said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. "We have some EXTRA special Con legends, must-see musical acts, free outdoor movie screenings sponsored by Flixster, your favorite casts Q&As, fan-centric comedy, live table reads ... ALL topped off Saturday night with Bacon - as in The Bacon Brothers!"
· The Meltdown Live - Thursday, July 12, 7:00 p.m.: Presented by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment's upcoming videogame Injustice: Gods Among Us, The Meltdown Live brings the NerdMelt Theatre experience from Sunset Boulevard to a sunset performance in San Diego, featuring Paul Scheer, Rob Huebel, Jordan Morris, Kumail Nanjiani and special surprise guests to be announced. A collaboration between Chris Hardwick's Nerdist.com and Los Angeles' famed Meltdown Comics, The Meltdown has previously hosted Louis CK, Aziz Ansari, Robin Williams, David Spade and more. Join us for a night of laughs at #WBSDCC.
· Live Recording of Kevin Smith Podcast Fatman on Batman - Friday, July 13, 7:00 p.m.: Filmmaker, SModcaster and Comic-Con mainstay Kevin Smith takes to the Extra at Comic-Con stage for a live performance of his Batman-worship podcast. Smith will interview a special guest from the world of Batman just steps away from "The Batcave," which features all six Batmobiles on display.
· The Bacon Brothers - Saturday, July 14, 6:30 p.m.: Actor Kevin Bacon (The Following, X-Men: First Class) and composer brother Michael Bacon have been playing together and rocking audiences for 17 years. Don't miss their exclusive Comic-Con performance as they topline Saturday night's musical lineup, which also includes Tony Lucca and Frenchie Davis from smash-hit singing competition show The Voice.
· Nighttime Screenings, Presented by Flixster:
· The Goonies: Based on a story by Steven Spielberg, the Richard Donner-directed 1985 action extravaganza follows a teenaged Josh Brolin (True Grit), Corey Feldman (The Lost Boys) and Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings) in the madcap search for the pirate treasure of One-Eyed Willie. Thursday, July 12, 8:30 p.m.
· Friday the 13th : Supernatural's Jared Padalecki and The Mentalist's Amanda Righetti revisit Camp Crystal Lake and its hockey-masked, machete-toting Jason Voorhees in this inventive reimagining of the original slasher picture. Friday, July 13, 8:30 p.m.
· Beetlejuice: Before he was Batman, Michael Keaton was creating havoc as the restless spirit/bio-exorcist Beetlejuice for recently deceased couple Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Geena Davis (Thelma & Louise) and goth girl Winona Ryder in this 1988 horror comedy from director Tim Burton. Saturday, July 14, 8:30 p.m.