Internet Sports Site ROTOWORLD Surpasses 1 Billion Page Views in 2012
Rotoworld, the Internet's highest-trafficked fantasy sports information site, surpassed one billion page views for the year on Saturday, Dec. 22, according to Omniture, the most views for a single year in the site's 14-year history. With five days remaining in 2012, Rotoworld.com's page view total is now 1.007 billion, a 25% increase over last year (806,176,250) and an 81% increase over 2010 (555,041,046).
Since NBC Sports acquired Rotoworld.com in 2006, the site has seen dramatic growth. In September, Rotoworld.com experienced over four million unique visitors, 15 million visits and 110 million page views in a single month for the first time. The site then continued at these high rates of consumption for three consecutive months. The Player News section has seen a 120% increase in traffic since 2007.
"This is a tremendous accomplishment for Rotoworld," said Brett Vandermark, Director of Fantasy Content, NBC Sports Digital. "It's also a testament to the hard work and originality of our writers and developers, while also showcasing the ever-growing appetite for fantasy news by our dedicated readers. It's exciting to see how Rotoworld's traffic has grown in tandem with the growth of the NBC Sports Group."
Consumers can tap into Rotoworld's comprehensive news, headlines, fantasy columns and premium draft kits via the web, the NBC Sports mobile website, Rotoworld Fantasy News app, and, for avid fans, via two paid Draft Guide mobile apps for football and baseball.
Additional 2012 Web Traffic Highlights Include:
September: All-time monthly records for unique users (4.4 million) and visits (15.8 million);
November: All-time monthly record for page views (113.3 million);
29 consecutive months of double-digit growth in unique visitors.
Most Popular Player Pages in 2012, By Sport:
1. Rashard Mendenhall, Running Back, Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Darren McFadden, Running Back, Oakland Raiders
3. Ryan Mathews, Running Back, San Diego Chargers
4. Ahmad Bradshaw, Running Back, New York Giants
5. Maurice Jones-Drew, Running Back, Jacksonville Jaguars
1. Eric Gordon, Jr., Guard, New Orleans Hornets
2. Derrick Rose, Guard, Chicago Bulls
3. Brook Lopez, Center, Brooklyn Nets
4. Wilson Chandler, Forward, Denver Nuggets
5. Andrea Bargnani, Forward, Toronto Raptors
1. Albert Pujols, First Baseman, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
2. Ryan Howard, First Baseman, Philadelphia Phillies
3. Yoenis Cespedes, Outfielder, Oakland Athletics
4. Chase Utley, Second Baseman, Philadelphia Phillies
5. Trevor Bauer, Starting Pitcher, Cleveland Indianas
1. Sidney Crosby, Center, Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Rick Nash, Winger, New York Rangers
3. Zach Parise, Winger, Minnesota Wild
4. Jonathan Toews, Center, Chicago Blackhawks
5. Nicklas Backstrom, Center, Washington Capitals
About NBC Sports Digital
A division of the NBC Sports Group, NBC Sport Digital offers sports fans 24/7 news coverage, extensive live-event streaming, and complimentary coverage of many of the properties within NBC Sports Group's unparalleled collection of media rights across web, smartphones and tablets. NBC Sports Digital includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, and Rotoworld.com, among others, as well as a collection of apps that includes NBC SportsTalk, NBC Olympics Live Extra, NBC Olympics, and the new NBC Sports Live Extra. The division also includes NBC Sports Regional Networks' digital properties. Through its SportsTalk strategy, which provides fans with quick, frequently-updated news and information with a unique perspective, NBCSports.com has become one of the fastest-growing websites. A recent alliance with Yahoo! Sports makes Yahoo-NBC Sports the most trafficked sports media site. The division's live streaming portfolio includes some of the most-watched and most-trafficked events of all time, including Sunday Night Football on a weekly basis, Super Bowl XLVI and the 2012 London Olympic Games.
More On: Maurice Jones, Eric Gordon.