Global Animated Musical Hit SING Arrives on Digital HD & Special Edition Versions this March
Illumination and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment are excited to announce that the global animated musical hit, SING arrives on Digital HD on March 3, 2017 and on Special Edition on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on March 21, 2017. The music-filled comedy will include over 60-minutes of bonus content and will incorporate three all-new entertaining mini movies featuring the cast from SING as well as an exclusive Tori Kelly music video and a variety of musical extras.
From Illumination, the studio that brought you THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS and the Despicable Me franchise, comes an animated comedy about finding the music that lives inside all of us. SING stars Academy Award winner Matthew McConaughey as Buster Moon, an eternally optimistic koala who puts on the world's greatest singing competition to save his crumbling theater; Academy Award winner Reese Witherspoon as Rosita, an overworked and unappreciated mother of 25 piglets desperate to unleash her inner diva; Scarlett Johansson as Ash, a punk rock porcupine with a beautiful voice behind her prickly exterior; Taron Egerton as Johnny, a young gangster gorilla looking to break free of his family's felonies; as well as Seth MacFarlane, John C. Reilly, and Grammy Award-nominated Tori Kelly. SING is the musical comedy event of the year!
The Golden Globe nominee for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song, SING features more than 65 hit songs including 'Faith,' a brand new song by the legendary Stevie Wonder (featuring Ariana Grande), marking his first song for a major film release in 25 years.
BONUS FEATURES on 4K ULTRA HD TM, BLU-RAY, DVD AND DIGITAL HD
- Gunter Babysits - Gunter offers to watch all of Rosita's 25 piglets for the night, trying to prove he's the best babysitter ever.
- Love At First Sight - During a piano lesson with Johnny, Miss Crawly becomes nostalgic about the dancing and romancing of her youth. Johnny convinces her that it's not too late to find someone and helps her setup a profile on a dating website.
- Eddie's Life Coach - Eddie's mom signs her slacker son up for a digital training seminar to get his life back on track.
- "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing" Music Video - A cool and unique music video starring Tori Kelly.
- Making a Music Video with Tori Kelly - A behind the scenes look at the making of Tori's music video with exclusive insights provided by Tori herself.
- "Faith" Music Video
- "Faith" Lyric Video
- "Set It All Free" Lyric Video
- The Making of SING - We take you through the animation studios of Illumination with interviews from Chris Meledandri, producer Janet Healy, the various animation teams and THE VOICE talent of SING.
- Finding the Rhythm: Editing SING - Illumination editor Greg Perler, takes us inside the edit bay and reveals the secrets behind cutting an animated film. We'll plunge into his world in this fun and eye-opening peek inside THE ROOM where the magic gets put together.
- Character Profiles - Profiles on the incredible cast, all lending their voices to bring these animated characters to life.
- Matthew McConaughey as Buster Moon
- Reese Witherspoon as Rosita
- Tori Kelly as Meena
- Taron Egerton as Johnny
- Nick Kroll as Gunter
- Garth Jennings as Miss Crawly
- SING & Dance! - "Faith" - Celebrity choreographer Aakomon Jones takes us through a dance routine inspired by SING and the song, "Faith."
- The SING Network - The SING Network brings you the latest news and highlights the business endeavors of your favorite SING stars.
- Gunter's Dance Studio
- The Moon Theater
- Rosita's Babysitting Gizmo
- Miss Crawly's Matchmaking Service
- In The News - SING'S True Entertaining Stories highlights each of the Moon Theater's newest stars.
- Buster Moon
- The Best Of Gunter - A rapid-fire, fun mash-up of all the best Gunter one-liners.
- The Making Of The Mini-Movies - We'll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and Digital HD with UltraViolet. The 4K Ultra HD will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray disc.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD TM features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
For artwork, please log onto our website at https://www.uphe.com/
Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Seth MacFarlane, Scarlett Johansson, John C. Reilly, Taron Egerton, Tori Kelly
Executive Music Producer: Harvey Mason Jr.
Original Score By: Joby Talbot
Produced By: Chris Meledandri p.g.a., Janet Healy p.g.a.
Written and Directed By: Garth Jennings
DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDTRACK
SING Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD will feature a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar.
Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.
About Illumination Illumination, founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, is one of the entertainment industry's leading producers of event-animated films. Illumination's film franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic brandsinfused with memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevanceare beloved all over the world. Illumination, which has an exclusive financing and distribution partnership with Universal Pictures, is the creator of the hugely successful Despicable Me franchise, which includes Minions, the second-highest-grossing animated film of all time, as well as the Academy Award -nominated Despicable Me 2 and the upcoming Despicable Me 3, which stars Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig and Trey Parker and arrives in theaters in June 2017. In all, Illumination's films, which also include the current theatrical hit Sing, as well as 2016's record-breaking The Secret Life of Petswhich had the largest opening ever for an original film, animated or otherwise, in U.S. historyhave grossed more than $4 billion in worldwide box-office revenues and feature as their creative contributors an unparalleled collection of writers, artists, voice talent and musicians. Additional upcoming releases are a newly imagined version of Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas, starring Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role of The Grinch, which is set for November 2018; The Secret Life of Pets 2 in July 2019; Minions 2 in July 2020; and Sing 2 in December 2020. Beyond the theater, Illumination's franchises have broadened their reach globally, year-round, with extensions into mobile games, consumer products and social/digital media. Reflecting the success of the Despicable Me franchise, "Despicable Me: Minion Rush" has become the fifth-most popular game ever, with more than 800 million downloads, while Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem attracts huge crowds at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood and will soon open at several locations around the world.
About Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios. Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Director, Global Publicity
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
SOURCE Universal Pictures Home Entertainment