Friday's DATELINE Broadcast Earns Big Ratings for NBC
From 8-10 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of Thursday's "National Dog Show Presented by Purina" (1.0/3 in 18-49, 4.8 million viewers overall) grew from its first half-hour to its fourth by 22 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.1 from a 0.9) and by 11 percent in total viewers to (5.1 million vs. 4.6 million). For its second hour from 9-10 p.m. ET, the rebroadcast of "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina" ranked #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults, men and women 18-49; adults, men and women 25-54; and total viewers. .
At 10 p.m. ET, DATELINE NBC (1.0/3 in 18-49, 4.7 million viewers overall) grew from its first half-hour to its second by 10 percent in adults 18-49 (to a 1.1 rating from a 1.0), 15 percent in adults 25-54 (1.5 vs. 1.3) and 15 percent in total viewers (5.0 million vs. 4.4 million). "Dateline NBC" delivered its biggest overall audience for a Friday telecast since October 19, pending updates.
In late-night metered-market households Friday night:
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.5/6 with an encore telecast; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 1.7/4 with an encore; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 2.9/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.4/4 with an encore.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.8/3 with an encore; "Late Show," 0.4/2 with an encore; "Nightline," 1.0/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/2 with an encore.
* At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.4/4 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (0.9/3 with an encore). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49 with an encore) beat "Late Late Show" (0.2/1 with an encore).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
* An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Joseph Gordon-Levitt and musical guest Mumford & Sons, averaged a 3.6/9 in metered-market households. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night's "Saturday Night Live" averaged a 1.8 rating, 8 share in adults 18-49.
* "SNL" matched its second-highest rating for an encore in metered-market households since February 25 and second-highest 18-49 rating for a rebroadcast in the Local People Meters since March 31.
Saturday Primetime Results:
* From 8-11 p.m. ET, the NBC Movie of the Week encore telecast of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (0.9/3 in 18-49, 3.5 million viewers overall) uncovered NBC's best Saturday 18-49 and total-viewer averages since October 6, to finish #2 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 and all other key demographics. From its first half-hour to its sixth, the movie grew by 43 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.0 from a 0.7) and by 40 percent in total viewers (4.2 million vs. 3.0 million).
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
More On: Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Craig Ferguson, Carson Daly, Joseph Gordon-Levitt.