ESPN to Mark 100 Days to 2014 Fifa World Cup
According to the Futon Critic, popular sports network ESPN will celebrate the 100- day-mark to the Fifa World Cup through three days of special programming. The special events will run from March 3rd-5th, and include coverage of six Fifa matches, exclusive content available through ESPNFC.com, and much more.
On Tuesday, March 4th (the official 100 days mark), the channel will broadcast an exclusive one-hour edition of ESPN FC, which will introduce the new multimedia series "American Underdogs", which focuses on the 20th anniversary of the World Cup in the United States. The program will be hosted by Dan Thomas, joined by former U.S. Mens National Team players Kasey Keller and Alexi Lalas, and will include discussion of the upcoming World Cup.
· 11 a.m.: France vs. Spain (Stade de France in Paris)
· 1 p.m.: United States vs. Panama (CenturyLink Field in Seattle)
· 3 p.m.: Mexico vs. New Zealand (Estadio Azteca in Mexico City)
· 5 p.m.: Sweden vs. Portugal (Friends Arena in Solna, Sweden)
· 7 p.m.: United States vs. Costa Rica (Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colo.)
· 9 p.m.: United States vs. Mexico (Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio)
ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes and ESPNEWS will join forces on Wednesday, March 5th, to present seven international matches. During this match, all national teams have the ability to call in players from professional soccer teams during the season. Live coverage from across ESPN networks is available on computers, smartphones, tablets, Xbox, Apple TV and Roku via WatchESPN.
Exclusive content surrounding the World Cup can be found on ESPNFC.com.