Morris Performing Arts Center to Receive Visit South Bend Mishawaka 'Industry Partner of the Year' Tourism Award
Visit South Bend Mishawaka will be hosting the annual Tourism Awards Reception on Wednesday, May 28 from 4:30 - 6:00pm at the DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown South Bend. Twelve awards will be distributed to local hospitality industry professionals who continually strive to promote St. Joseph County as an attractive visitor destination.
"The tourism awards are our annual opportunity to recognize all aspects of the local tourism industry - conventions, sporting events and leisure travel," says Rob DeCleene, executive director for Visit South Bend Mishawaka. "Most importantly, we are also honoring seven Faces of Tourism award winners this year. These are individuals who go above and beyond in their daily jobs to create a lasting impression of our destination."
The honorees and their respective attractions, hotels and industry organizations are expected to be well represented, with many of the Faces of Tourism Award winners bringing friends, family, employers and colleagues to share in their excitement.
Direct visitor spending in the local community amounts to $447 million each year, and contributes more than 6,200 positions to the local job market. The honorees at this year's awards reception all play a pivotal role in accomplishing such a great visitor impact in the area. The following partners will be recognized during the awards reception:
· Industry Partner of the Year - Morris Performing Arts Center
· Barnes & Thornburg Tourism Investment Award - Morris Inn
· Convention Advocate - The Oliver Gang
· Sports Advocate - Junior Irish Soccer
· Tourism Advocate - Holladay Properties
· Faces of Tourism - Paula Burmeister, Morris Inn; Ken Cencelewski, Center for History; Dorothy Griggs, Red Roof Inn; Larry Huemmer, Studebaker National Museum; Jack Lafferty, Notre Dame Tour Guide; Julie Nowak, Century Center; Ann Roepke, Anthony Travel
Please help us in congratulating these outstanding hospitality and tourism industry professionals. Media is welcomed and encouraged to attend the awards reception in support of the local tourism industry.