BroadwayWorld.com

Profile for dreaming

Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: dreaming
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact members.
Birthday: - - -

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Movies you think should be considered classics  Nov 25 2014, 12:21:09 PM
    Tootsie! I love that film and it's a comedic masterpiece.
    I agree with Pleasantville!
  • Bill Cosby Rape Allegations  Nov 25 2014, 10:47:33 AM
    That ex-NBC employee should be punished alongside him. He is just as guilty as Cosby. That's disgusting-I don't know how he sleeps at night knowing what he's helped perpetuate-and never told anyone?! Give me a break.

I hope someone who can break the statute comes forward because justice needs to be done.
  • New to be built Skyscraper roller coaster for Florida  Nov 18 2014, 04:20:03 PM
    It looks slow I must say. It looks like something I'd love to try once.
  • What r u cooking - Turkey Day 2014?  Nov 18 2014, 04:08:37 PM
    I am probably making my cheesy cauliflower dish and will probably have to help with other stuff (since my cousin, who's hosting this year) wants her mother in law to stay out of the kitchen (this is someone who overcooks everything like crazy).
  • What do you listen to other than showtunes?  Nov 17 2014, 01:59:30 PM
    I listen to opera, vocalists (yes, I suppose they're Broadway), lots of 80s music and 60s-70s (that was what I was raised on). I love a variety of music. Some favorite groups in the rock/pop genre include Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bowie, The Eurythmics and Annie Lennox, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, The Police, The Talking Heads, The Who. A lot of variety. (Verdi to hard rock.)
  • That Smackdown On The F Train  Nov 12 2014, 06:44:17 PM
    Nobody is hitting me (frankly, I'd rather have that than the stuff I put up with). I don't wear an 8 Ball jacket (not my style). But frankly for as long as I've put up with it, I'm shocked I don't just hit someone-and I don't.
  • That Smackdown On The F Train  Nov 12 2014, 06:12:47 PM
    dramamama-easy for YOU to say. You don't know what sh!t I take on a daily basis at WORK. I don't HIT anyone. I have as much cause (if not more) to be upset with my boss but I don't HIT him. Why? Not just because I'll get fired, but because I was taught that physical violence isn't the answer to any problem. You sometimes have to be the bigger person and know that you're right. That's all.
  • That Smackdown On The F Train  Nov 12 2014, 04:52:27 PM
    Two wrongs don't make a right. I would have gone to another car.
  • That Smackdown On The F Train  Nov 12 2014, 01:44:46 PM
    I don't think physical violence is ever a good idea. I don't care what someone says, people need to practice self-control-be an adult and just walk away.
  • Happy 94th Birthday Maureen O'Hara!!  Nov 11 2014, 10:05:20 AM
    I love her in "Miracle on 34th Street" and "The Parent Trap". She was one of my favorites growing up (Irish-American family on one side).
  • Thoughts on Lea Delaria and the subway preacher?  Nov 5 2014, 04:46:52 PM
    I would just crank my headphones up a bit and let them rant.
  • How Hillary Clinton Won the 2014 Midterms  Nov 5 2014, 01:55:29 PM
    I have met gay people who don't want marriage themselves. HOWEVER, they agree that there should be a CHOICE-just like straight couples have-about whether to marry or not.

And women want equal pay (lord knows I do) and equal/fair treatment in the workplace (I speak from personal experience).

• How Hillary Clinton Won the 2014 Midterms  Nov 5 2014, 10:26:41 AM
    Rubio is most definitely not a centrist. He's a tea bag Republican. (Trust me, I know-my family is in Florida.) He even said in an article that there is no need for a centrist Republican candidate.
  • How Hillary Clinton Won the 2014 Midterms  Nov 5 2014, 10:13:42 AM
    The Republicans don't have a centrist candidate. Rubio and Cruz have to decide whether to give up their senate seats-and neither one is a centrist. They are highly divisive candidates (and in Florida the incumbent Scott barely squeaked through to retain his Governor's seat). Christie is from a small state which, as noted in that article, has some fiscal problems, and Christie himself is not universally liked by the GOP. They're a highly divided party and I'm not sure that's going to change much
  • is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 4 2014, 10:53:49 AM
    It says nominated for the Tony though-not winner. To me the description sounds like a man wrote it.
  • is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 4 2014, 10:44:20 AM
    Part of what irks me is that they seem only to be looking at women. It doesn't sound BAD? I think it sounds demanding for a job with a low pay rate (and hours where the person won't be able to work a second job to supplement their income).
  • is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 4 2014, 10:31:53 AM
    That's HORRIBLE. (I also think it's funny how the person uses 'she'-I guess they only want a woman.)
  • Voting can bring you down  Nov 3 2014, 12:35:32 PM
    South Florida-The gubernatorial race in FL is one of the most important in the nation and one of the closest. The current Governor, Rick Scott, is an ultra conservative who's hellbent on doing everything he can to prevent marriage equality from reaching Florida and on cutting funding to groups like Planned Parenthood (trust me, I hear about all this from my parents and grandmother who live there). This is one place where voting makes a huge difference. And the Congressional races are by no means
  • President Elizabeth Warren?  Oct 31 2014, 04:16:18 PM
    PalJoey-That is right at this moment Remember the last time Hillary was 'supposed' to win? I do. Someone came out of nowhere and won. That could happen-politics changes very quickly. Let's not count some other contenders out. (God, I hope there is someone else. I hate Hillary and will never, ever vote for her.)
  • President Elizabeth Warren?  Oct 31 2014, 11:55:26 AM
    How about the Democrat from Florida, Bill Nelson? He's a southerner who is wildly popular in Florida (a big swing state). I am very familiar with him because I used to live there and my family is there. He is indeed popular and a moderate to balance her out politically.

I love Warren. She's my pick.

Advertisement