Round #1 LAMN Jam Music Contest Winners Announced: Sad Robot, and Hewan
L.A.-based band Sad Robot, led by the "sex pot" Kat Pawlak, drove it home with their infectious tune "Hold On" that's raised the band's profile and gotten spins on radio powerhouse KROQ-FM. Their unique three-person wall of sound has enabled them to create their own voice in the indie rock scene, and recently grabbed the attention of Virgin Records EVP Ron Fair. Their emotional lyrics plus a heavy power fuzz sound span pop to dirty indie rock. Their catchy songs and high-energy stage show made them unanimous favorites of LAMN Jam Talent Judges.
Hewan (pronounced: Hey-wan) wowed talent judges with her clever lyrics of "Love In A Haystack" and sultry vocals. A singer/songwriter from the Bay Area, Calif., she says, "My story is simple: In 2011, I hit the reset button on my life, left my nerdy corporate job at a tech company to pursue a full-time career in music. That was the 'easiest-hardest' decision in my life! I moved to L.A. and since then I've been developing my art and learning how to navigate through the crazy music industry." We're glad to have Hewan in L.A.!
Sad Robot and Hewan advance to the semi finals along with Young Beautiful In A Hurry and Zach Jones (rock), and Lydia Rene and Trademark (urban).
RSVP at LAMN.com NOW for Upcoming Dates in 2014!
* June 24 - Pop / Rock #2 - Accepting Submissions NOW
* July 29 - Urban / R&B / Hip Hop #2 - Accepting Submissions NOW
* August 26 - Pop / Rock Semi-Final
* August 27 - Urban / R&B / Hip Hop Semi-Final
* September 30 - Pop / Rock Final
* October 01 - Urban / R&B / Hip Hop Final.
INDUSTRY EXPERTS JUDGE TALENT:
Talent judges at the rock and urban contests included:
* Jan Linder Koda, Producer / Artist Development Expert, Angel Diva Music;
* Jessica Cole, Music Publisher, President of Lyric House;
* Joe Solo, producer of hit acts including Macy Gray, Fergie;
* Mark Mazzetti, A&R, Record Company In A Box (John Mayer, Sting, Janet Jackson);
* Molly Bohas, Publisher, North Star Media;
* Owen Husney, artist manager (signed Prince to Warner Bros. Records, has earned 10 gold & platinum albums);
* Shakim Williams, multi-platinum producer (Akon), executive producer and host at LA Talk Live;
* Shele Sondheim, producer and publisher, CSM Words & Music.
These experts are selected because of their influence. Since launching 2014 LAMN Jam less than a month ago, three performers have been offered publishing deals by our talent judges and one has been signed to management. At past LAMN Jams, performers have been signed on the spot, their music placed in network television, and gotten production deals.
THE RECORD INDUSTRY'S ANSWER TO AMERICAN IDOL(R):
LAMN Jam Music Contests feature artists who perform ORIGINAL material, receive CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and PERSONAL attention. LAMN Jams are live A&R.
OVER $40,000 IN PRIZES + PRICELESS OPPORTUNITIES:
Winners receive an artist development package designed to advance their careers. Finale winners (Rock and Urban) each receive a prize package valued at almost $40,000+ value including consultation with artist development experts, production, mastering service, gear, software, subscriptions to professional publications, resources, press release service, book-keeping and professional photography session. More details at http://www.lamn.com/ .