Music Legends Featured in AXS TV's New GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES, Premiering 7/7
AXS TV continues to curate an eclectic blend of unprecedented musical content with the new groundbreaking Grammy Museum SERIES, debuting in Primetime on Monday, July 7, at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT. The hour-long series explores the legacy and impact of a diverse blend of artists spanning a variety of eras and genres, and each episode boasts exclusive live performances held in an intimate setting.
The network will kick-off the first episode of the Grammy Museum SERIES with a 30-minute special, Grammy Museum - INSPIRING MUSIC, INSPIRING HISTORY, on July 7, at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT, that gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the GRAMMY Museum, where some of the most iconic pieces in music are forever immortalized. The special features interviews with staff members, including Bob Santelli, the executive director of the GRAMMY Museum, and Scott Goldman, Vice president of the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares , and will explore the Museum's legacy and mission. A preview clip is available here: http://bit.ly/1pFtmn0
The Grammy Museum SERIES offers a first-hand look at the artists whose impact and influence can still be felt in the industry today. The six-part season boasts a lineup that includes appearances and performances from some of music's biggest names, featuring hit-makers Foreigner (July 7); pop mastermind Richard Marx (July 14); blues legend Taj Mahal (July 28); New Wave pioneers Berlin (August 4); former LIVE frontman Ed Kowalczyk (August 11); and the season finale delivers the ultimate "Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy" with '70s super-group Bad Company (August 18).
Santelli and Goldman share hosting duties, moderating spirited discussions with a new artist each week. Every interview will include an intimate live performance that is destined to be an unforgettable experience for fans and music lovers, alike. Premiere episodes will repeat that same evening, following the nightly movie at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.
"This series further represents AXS TV's commitment to give our audience a unique and in-depth look at the artists they admire and the hits they've come to love," said Evan Haiman, AXS TV's Vice president, music programming and production. "Our network is proud to join with the Grammy Museum to deliver this fully-immersive musical experience that is truly one of a kind."
The complete lineup for theGRAMMYMuseum Series is as follows:
- July 7GRAMMY MUSEUM - INSPIRING MUSIC, INSPIRING HISTORY -8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT (leading into the 1st episode of the Grammy Museum SERIES at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT).
- July 7-GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES - An Evening with Foreigner at TheGRAMMYMuseum Presented by AmericanExpress
- July 14-GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES - An Evening withRichard Marxat TheGRAMMYMuseum Presented by AmericanExpress
- July 28-GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES - An Evening withTaj Mahal at TheGRAMMYMuseum Presented by AmericanExpress
- August 4-GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES - An Evening withBerlin at TheGRAMMYMuseum Presented by AmericanExpress
- August 11-GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES - An Evening withEd Kowalczykat TheGRAMMYMuseum Presented by AmericanExpress
- August 18-GRAMMY MUSEUM SERIES - An Evening withBad Company at TheGRAMMYMuseum Presented by AmericanExpress
About AXS TV
Launched in July 2012 by visionary entrepreneur Mark Cuban, AXS TV is dedicated to providing the best in music programming and festivals, comedy performances, current events and mixed martial arts promotions. AXS TV is a partnership between Mark Cuban, AEG, Ryan Seacrest Media, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and CBS.The network is available in the United States via AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH, Suddenlink, Verizon FiOS, and other cable, satellite and telco providers. The network is also distributed in Canada and the Caribbean.For more information, visit the website,www.axs.tv; go to the Facebook pagehereand follow the company on Twitter,@axstv; onInstagram;Tumblr andYouTube.