Legacy Recordings & AEG Celebrate 40 Years Of Blue Oyster Cult With 10/30 Release
Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Blue Oyster Cult--unleashed in 1972, the eponymous debut album from America's heaviest psychedelic metal band presaged punk, thrash and hardcore--with the release of Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Albums Collection, a monumental career-spanning BOC library comprised of 16 CDs (the full official canon plus two discs of rarities) and the mythic Some OTHER Enchanted Evening DVD (a blistering concert video from 1978). The highly-collectible boxed set will be available Tuesday, October 30.
Blue Oyster Cult (led by founding members Eric Bloom and Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser) will perform an historic New York City/Times Square show--featuring special guests and other surprises--at the Best Buy Theater (44th & Broadway, Manhattan) on Sunday, October 28 (doors at 7pm). Tickets go on sale, Friday, August 17. Reserved seating is available for the show.
A limited number (100) of individual deluxe VIP packages for the Times Square Show will also be offered. Designed to provide the ultimate BOC experience, each deluxe VIP package includes Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Albums Collection (in advance of street date!) in addition to a guaranteed seat in the first five rows of the Best Buy Theater for the BOC Times Square concert; a pre-show meet & greet with the band; an autographed limited edition Blue Oyster Cult event poster and an exclusive commemorative laminate.
Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Albums Collection brings together the group's 14 official Columbia Records albums--including newly-mastered editions of On Your Feet or on Your Knees, Fire of Unknown Origin, The Revolution by Night, Mirrors, Cultosaurus Erectus, Extraterrestrial Live, Club Ninja and Imaginos--alongside two newly-curated bonus discs: Rarities and Radios Appear: The Best of the Broadcasts (a special collection of classic live performances).
In addition, the Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Albums Collection box set comes with a special download code good for four live concert broadcasts as well as as a forty page booklet chock full of photos and liner notes from celebrated music writer and guitarist Lenny Kaye.
Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Albums Collection includes:
1. Blue Oyster Cult (1972 - studio - with 2001 CD bonus tracks)
2. Tyranny and Mutation (1973 - studio - with 2001 CD bonus tracks)
3. Secret Treaties (1974 - studio - with 2001 CD bonus tracks)
4. On Your Feet or on Your Knees (1975 - live) - 2012 Remaster
5. Agents of Fortune (1976 - studio - with 2001 CD bonus tracks)
6. Spectres (1977 - studio - with 2007 CD bonus tracks)
7. Some Enchanted Evening CD (1978 - live - with 2007 CD bonus tracks)
8. Some OTHER Enchanted Evening DVD (1978 - live)
9. Mirrors (1979 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
10. Cultosaurus Erectus (1980 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
11. Fire of Unknown Origin (1981 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
12. Extraterrestrial Live (1982 - live) - 2012 Remaster
13. The Revolution By Night (1983 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
14. Club Ninja (1985 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
15. Imaginos (1988 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
17. Radios Appear: The Best of the Broadcasts
Originally formed in Long Island as Soft White Underbelly in 1967, Blue Oyster Cult combined adventurous lyrical themes with an aggressive instrumental sound. With passion and intelligence on display in equal measure, Blue Oyster Cult became the thinking fan's rock band and a sign of life in a sea of dull, anemic soft-pop. Anthems like "Godzilla," "Harvester of Eyes" and "Don't Fear the Reaper" stretched the boundaries of rock topics while lead guitarist Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser became a hero to legions of budding axe-wielders. The band's mystique extended to their album artwork, resulting in some of the most distinctive and iconic LP covers of the rock era. Blue Oyster Cult - The Columbia Albums Collection gathers the essential pieces of the Blue Oyster Cult story into one mind-boggling totality.