L.L.Bean Announces 2014 Summer in the Park Event Schedule
Internationally known outdoor retailer L.L.Bean, best known for its Bean Boot and 100% satisfaction guarantee is pleased to announce its 2014 Summer in the Park schedule. This year's lineup includes well-known bands like Toad the Wet Sprocket and The Mowgli's, as well as a circus company, an event just for dogs and their owners and a farmer's market every Friday afternoon from mid-June through September.
L.L.Bean's 4th of July Celebration begins on Friday with a 10K road race and fun run, followed by a 4th of July parade. Later that evening beginning at 7:30 p.m., there will be a concert with Toad the Wet Sprocket, followed by the Town of Freeport's remarkable fireworks display. On Saturday, July 5th, the festivities continue with a performance later that evening at 7:30 p.m. with FAQ Circus, a unique, interesting new circus troupe.
All events are free and open to the public. The full Summer in the Park schedule is as follows.
- July 4, 7:30 p.m., Toad the Wet Sprocket-popular alternative rock band from California and a spectacular fireworks display after the concert
- July 5, 7:30 p.m., FAQ Circus-this contemporary circus company, featuring graduates from the prestigious National Circus School of Montreal, specializes in creative improvisation and a dazzling combination of trapeze, acrobatics, juggling, contortion, wire walking, clowning, dance and theater
- July 12, 7:30 p.m., Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band-talented singer and songwriter known for his folk-inspired tunes and narrative lyrics
- July 26, 7:30 p.m., Jeff Tweedy-Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and guitarist Jeff Tweedy, called "one of the most daring songwriters of his generation" by Salon and best known as the leader of the Chicago band Wilco, is backed this summer by a newly formed band performing songs from Tweedy's soon-to-be-released solo album and Tweedy will also perform solo acoustic
- August 2, 7:30 p.m., The Mowgli's with special guest, North of Nashville-spend an evening with this popular American, alternative rock band from southern California and Maine's very own North of Nashville as the opening act
- August 9, KidsFest: Kids of all ages will enjoy this family day full of games, hands-on activities, musical entertainment and much more
- August 16, 7:30 p.m., Jason Isbell-an eclectic mix of southern rock and classic country music
- August 23, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Dog Days of Augustbring your best friend to this late-summer celebration featuring activities, canine contests and more
- August 30, 7:30 p.m., Brett Dennen-popular singer and songwriter known for a thoughtful, elegant and funky musical style
- June 13-September 12, 1-5:00 p.m., Freeport Farmer's Marketour community market every Friday afternoon with a great mix of local fruits and vegetables, delicious baked goods, handmade items and much more
"We're really happy with how popular our Summer in the Park event has become, year after year. Folks from all over really look forward to the lively mix of events and performers, music, food, animals and more. There's truly something for everyone," said Suzanne Deschenes, retail marketing manager for L.L.Bean. "It's a fun, festive way to spend an evening with family and friends, enjoying exceptional talent outdoors in our park and best of all, it's free."