Emmylou Harris's groundbreaking album Wrecking Ball will be reissued April 8 on Nonesuch Records. Produced by Daniel Lanois (U2, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Willie Nelson), Wrecking Ball won the 1996 Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Folk Album and was highly praised by critics worldwide. The new three-disc set features the remastered original album, a bonus CD of previously unreleased material, and a DVD of the documentary Building the Wrecking Ball, which includes interviews and studio footage of Harris and Lanois as well as special guests Kate and Anna McGarrigle, Neil Young, Steve Earle, Brian Blade, and others.
The album is available to pre-order at nonesuch.com
with an exclusive print autographed by Harris.
In celebration of the reissue, Harris and Lanois will embark on an international tour this spring, including shows at The Wiltern
in Los Angeles, The Vic in Chicago, and the Lincoln Theatre
in Washington, D.C. See below for tour details.
Originally released in 1995 to widespread critical praise, Uncut called the album "the most daring, inventive album of Harris's career," whileRolling Stone said, "...the album features unvarnished, otherworldly renditions of songs written by Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Earle, and other lesser-known artists," and the Los Angeles Times said, "The pace is deliberate, unhurried, meditative, the atmosphere rich, dark and ghostly."
The reissue follows a very successful year for Harris, whose new collaborative album with longtime friend and colleague Rodney Crowell, Old Yellow Moon, recently won the Grammy Award for Best Americana Album. Harris and Crowell were also honored with two awards at the 2013 Americana Music Association Honors & Awards Show-Album of the Year and Duo/Group of the Year. A 13-time Grammy winner and BillboardCentury Award recipient, Harris's career as a singer and songwriter spans 40 years. She has recorded more than 25 albums and has lent her talents to countless fellow artists' recordings. In recognition of her remarkable career, Harris was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2008.
Disc 1 - Wrecking Ball (remastered by Joe Gastwirt)
1. "Where Will I Be" (Daniel Lanois)
2. "Goodbye" (Steve Earle)
3. "All My Tears" (Julie Miller)
4. "Wrecking Ball" (Neil Young)
5. "Goin' Back to Harlan" (Anna McGarrigle)
6. "Deeper Well" (David Olney, Lanois, Emmylou Harris)
7. "Every Grain of Sand" (Bob Dylan)
8. "Sweet Old World" (Lucinda Williams)
9. "May This Be Love" (Jimi Hendrix)
10. "Orphan Girl" (Gillian Welch)
11. "Blackhawk" (Daniel Lanois)
12. "Waltz Across Texas Tonight" (Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris)
1. "Still Water"
2. "Where Will I Be" (alternate version)
3. "All My Tears"
4. "How Will I Ever Be Simple Again"
5. "Deeper Well"
6. "The Stranger Song"
7. "Sweet Old World" (alternate version)
9. "Blackhawk" (alternate version)
10. "May This Be Love" (acoustic)
11. "Goin' Back to Harlan"
12. "Where Will I Be" (alternate version)
13. "Deeper Well"
EMMYLOU HARRIS'S WRECKING BALL TOUR
April 3 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
April 5 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
April 7 Royal Oak, MI The Royal Oak
April 8 Chicago, IL The Vic
April 11 Washington, DC The Lincoln Theatre
April 12 Brooklyn, NY TBA
April 13 Boston, MA The House of Blues
(additional tour dates to be announced)