Two Film Classics DOUBLE INDEMNITY and TOUCH OF EVIL on Blu-ray, 4/15
A pair of groundbreaking movies directed by two of the most influential filmmakers of all time, Billy Wilder and Orson Welles, come to Blu-ray for The First Time ever when Double Indemnity and Touch of Evil premiere in Limited Edition with Exclusive Collectibles including lobby cards, poster reproductions and a rare still of a never-before-seen alternate ending for Double Indemnity on April 15, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. These digitally re-mastered versions of the film noir classics have been fully restored from 35mm original film elements and will have their world premiere at the TCM Classic Film Festival in Los Angeles, April 11th at the TCL Chinese Theatre Imax prior to their Blu-ray debut.
Each Blu-ray includes DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet .
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad , iPhone , Android , smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Celebrating the 70 th anniversary of its theatrical premiere, Double Indemnity stars Fred MacMurray (The Caine Mutiny, The Apartment) and Barbara Stanwyck (The Lady Eve) in a suspenseful tale of lust, betrayal and murder, directed by Academy Award winner Billy Wilder (Some Like It Hot, Sunset Boulevard). Written by Raymond Chandler, this intrigue-filled tale of a double-dealing dame and her murderous lover was nominated for seven Academy Awards including Best Picture. The Limited Edition Blu-ray comes with lobby cards, poster reproductions and a rare alternate ending still in an archival envelope.Bonus features include:
- Special Introduction by TCM host and film historian Robert Osborne
- Shadows of SuspensePlunges viewers into the world of 1940s Hollywood with a revealing look at a movie masterpiece
- Double IndemnityThe 1973 made-for-television remake starring Richard Crenna and Samantha Eggar
- Feature Commentary with film historian Richard Schickel
- Feature Commentary with film historian and screenwriter Lem Dobbs and film historian Nick Redman
- Theatrical Trailer
Touch of Evil
Orson Welles' (Citizen Kane) moody masterpiece Touch of Evil finds Charlton Heston (The Ten Commandments), Janet Leigh (Psycho) and Welles himself tangled in a web of murder, kidnapping and police corruption along the Mexican border. The Limited Edition Blu-ray contains three versions of the film, including the original 1958 theatrical release, a rarely-seen preview version that was rediscovered in 1976 and the definitive 1998 cut, reconstructed according to Welles' original vision using his detailed 58-page memo to the studio. Also included is a reproduction of the legendary memo, as well as the following bonus features:
- Bringing Evil to LifeA retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, crew members and film historians
- Evil Lost and FoundA behind-the-scenes look at the reconstruction of Touch of Evil and the three versions of the film
- Four Feature Commentaries including one from Charlton Heston and Janet Leigh
Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck star in the gripping film noir classic Double Indemnity, directed by Academy Award -winner Billy Wilder. A calculating wife (Stanwyck) encourages her wealthy husband to sign a double-indemnity policy proposed by smitten insurance agent Walter Neff (MacMurray). As the would-be lovers plot the unsuspecting husband's murder, they are pursued by a suspicious claims manager (Edward G. Robinson). It's a race against time to get away with the perfect crime in this suspenseful masterpiece that was nominated for seven Academy Awards including Best Picture.