Special MAN OF STEEL Screening Set for Edwards Air Force Base, Henry Cavill to Appear
Henry Cavill, who stars in the title role of the upcoming action adventure film "Man of Steel" from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, will make a special appearance in Lancaster to welcome the men and women of Edwards Air Force Base to a special advance screening of the movie on Saturday, June 8. Cavill will introduce the film and greet the military in attendance, many of whom played extras in the movie, a portion of which was shot on the base.
In appreciation of our troops, and in recognition of First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden's Joining Forces initiative (www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces), the Studio will also host advance screenings throughout the weekend at over three dozen military bases across the country. A video greeting from Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden, thanking those in the audience for their service, will play ahead of the film.
The two "Man of Steel" screenings for the Edwards AFB personnel and guests will take place on June 8 at 2:00 p.m. at the Cinemark 22 Theater in Lancaster, California. The additional screenings for the servicemen and women and families who are currently stationed at Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard bases across the country will take place on either Saturday or Sunday at the following locations:
- Army: Ft. Meade, Baltimore, Maryland; Carlisle Barracks, Carlisle, Pennsylvania; Ft. Lewis, Tacoma, Washington; Ft. Warren, Cheyenne, Wyoming; Ft. Campbell, Clarksville, Tennessee; Ft. Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina; Ft. Stewart, Hinesville, Georgia; Ft. Hood, Killeen, Texas; Ft. Polk, Leesville, Louisiana; and Ft. Leonardwood, Waynesville, Missouri.
- Air Force: Hanscom AFB, Bedford, Massachusetts; Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Mississippi; Dover AFB, Dover, Delaware; Travis AFB, Fairfield, California; Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, Texas; Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas; Schofield AFB, Wahiawa, Hawaii; Hickam AFB, Watertown, New York; Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, Texas; and McGuire AFB, Wrightstown, New Jersey.
- Navy: SUBASE Bangor, Bangor, Washington; NSWC Dahlgren, Dahlgren, Virginia; NAS El Centro, El Centro, California; NAS Fallon, Fallon, Nevada; NAS JRB Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas; SUBASE New London, Groton, Connecticut; NAB Little Creek, Little Creek, Virginia; NAS North Island, North Island, California; NAS Patuxent River, Patuxent River, Maryland; MCAS Miramar, San Diego, California; and NAS Whidbey Island, Whidbey Island, Washington.
- Marine Corps: MCAG 29 Palms, 29 Palms, California; MCAS Cherry Point, Cherry Point, North Carolina; MCB Kaneohe Bay, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii; MCAS New River, New River, North Carolina; and MCB Yuma, Yuma, Arizona.
- Coast Guard: USCG in Petaluma, California; and USCG in Astoria, Oregon.
"Man of Steel" opens nationwide in 2D and 3D in select theatres and Imax on June 14, 2013. The film has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language.