Oscar.com Goes Behind the Scenes of Nominations with New Video Series
With nominations just a day away, Oscar.com is unveiling a complete digital roadmap to all things Oscar Sunday, providing fans with exclusive insider access to The Oscars before, during and after the show. The site is live now with:
- "Ellen Replies to #Oscars Tweets": Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres responds to hilarious fan tweets in this short embeddable video.
- "Inside The Oscars" - From the nominations to the nominees' luncheon and the show itself, this new semi-weekly video series hosted by "On The Red Carpet" host and "Good Morning America" contributing editor Rachel Smith will share access to top secret production details and behind-the-scenes event coverage leading up to Oscar Sunday. In this first installment, Academy insiders give fans the scoop on everything involved in nominations, including how the nominations list is protected, what goes on inside the theater, how the hosts reveal the names of the nominees and more.
- A gallery of candid shots from the 2013 Governors Ball and the Governors Awards honoring Angelina Jolie, Steve Martin, Angela Lansbury and costume designer Piero Tosi.
- Oscar Buzz, which features fan commentary using #Oscars, #OscarNoms, and #BestDressed.
- The Oscar Timeline that includes historical video and photos of past winners, memorable moments and juicy tidbits celebrating every single year of The Oscars.
- And much more...
Beginning Jan. 16 the site is dedicated to this year's nominees with programming sponsored by Cadillac that includes an embeddable nominations live steam, the complete list of nominees, and the hugely popular "My Picks" interactive ballot. Friends can view and share the ballot on Facebook, which will update in real time on Oscar Night, ensuring that the most competitive Oscar handicappers are instantly aware of their ranking among friends.