Original Motion Picture Soundtrack from IF I STAY to Be Released 8/19
WaterTower Music today announced the August 19, 2014 release of the soundtrack to
Music is an integral part of the If I Stay storyline, be it Mia's (Chloë Grace Moretz) practicing cello to get into the prestigious Juilliard music school, her father's (Joshua Leonard) punk rock past, or Adam (
After viewing the film, author Gayle Forman, who also served as an executive producer, commented, "One of the best things about the movie is getting to hear all the great music you don't get to hear when you read the book. The way they brought the music to life gives the story a whole new dimension."
Through social media outreach, If I Stay fans were given the opportunity to vote on the Willamette Stone song they most wanted to see released early, and they chose "Heart Like Yours." The track is now available at iTunes, and will be delivered immediately to fans that pre-order the soundtrack.
WaterTower Music will be releasing two versions of the soundtrack: a fourteen song CD and digital release, as well as a digital deluxe configuration that contains eighteen tracks. Both albums feature multiple songs as performed in the film by Willamette Stone, while the digital deluxe version features an additional Willamette Stone track, along with several solo cello pieces performed in the film by Mia.
1. "Who Needs You" - The Orwells
2. "Until We Get There" - Lucius
3. "I Want What You Have" - Willamette Stone
4. "All of Me" - Tanlines
5. "Promise" -
6. "Never Coming Down" - Willamette Stone
7. "Halo" -
8. "I Will Be There" - Odessa
9. "Mind" - Willamette Stone
10. "Morning" - Beck
11. "I Never Wanted To Go" (Bonus Track) - Willamette Stone **
12. "Karen Revisited" - Sonic Youth
13. "Today" - Willamette Stone
14. "Heart Like Yours" - Willamette Stone
15. "Heal (If I Stay Version)" - Tom Odell
16. ""Suite No. 1 in G Major for Solo Cello, BWV 1007: Prelude" (Bonus Track) - If I Stay
17. "Cello Concerto in A Minor, Op. 33" (Bonus Track) - If I Stay **
18. "Sonata in B Minor for Solo Cello, Op. 8" (Bonus Track) -
** Available on the digital deluxe album
About "If I Stay"
Gayle Forman's best-selling novel comes to the screen in
Mia Hall (Moretz) thought the hardest decision she would ever face would be whether to pursue her musical dreams at Juilliard or follow a different path to be with the love of her life, Adam (Blackley). But what should have been a carefree family drive changes everything in an instant, and now her own life hangs in the balance. Caught between life and death for one revealing day, Mia has only one decision left, which will not only decide her future but her ultimate fate. Also starring are
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2014 Business Wire ©2014 Business Wire