movies.broadwayworld.com

Mark Hamill Reveals Details from Set of STAR WARS

Related:
Mark Hamill Reveals Details from Set of STAR WARS

In an all-new red carpet interview with BBC News, Mark Hamill shared details on the highly anticipated upcoming STAR WARS installment. The actor will reprise his iconic role as Luke Skywalker in the film.

"I never thought we'd come back. I still can't believe it's happening," Hamill says of reuniting with the film's original stars Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. "To go on to those sets that evoke so many memories, is just astonishing. I have real ties to this country [England], my son was born when we were making 'Empire Strikes Back' ... it just seems like an unexpected gift."

The 62-year-old also shared an update on the health of Ford, who was suffered a broken leg while filming last month. "It sounded terrible, but I hear he's doing really well," he says, joking, "It'll take more than that to stop Harrison Ford."

Commenting on working with the new generation of Star Wars actors, Hamill offers, "It's really about the new generation of characters, we are just there to lend our support and grow contractually obligated beards. These kids ... they are so talented, I was just overwhelmed. They are also diverse. There are people I recognize like Andy Serkis and new people I'd never seen before. But they are so good, I am thinking about asking them for advice."

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the Saga Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new, currently untitled film.

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Photo: Screenshot BBC News


Become a Fan, Follower & Subscriber