StreamGuys Turnkey Streaming Network Elevates Online Radio Presence for Cox Media Group
BAYSIDE, Calif., Feb. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ StreamGuys, a pioneering content delivery network and streaming media provider, has partnered with Cox Media Group to roll out a turnkey SaaS streaming platform for live ad-supported broadcasts, on-demand podcasts, and detailed business metrics and reporting across its entire radio network.
Now live across all 60 Cox Media Group radio stations in 11 markets, StreamGuys has built a rich toolset around its robust, reliable cloud-based content management and delivery network in alignment with the broadcaster's goals. The company's SaaS approach cleanly and cost-efficiently integrates several recent, innovative StreamGuys SGsuite products and services into the network that enrich streaming player data, accelerate podcast creation, enhance royalty reporting, and monetize streaming initiatives.
"In StreamGuys, we have found an ideal technology partner that understands the same opportunities we see to evolve our radio products," said Tim Clarke, senior director of digital audience, Cox Media Group.
"Their infrastructure and technology, along with competitive pricing and expertise in broadcasting, gives us incredible flexibility in the management and delivery of our network-wide streaming initiatives."
The complete StreamGuys SaaS architecture includes:
- SGplayer, an HTML5 multimedia player that delivers rich program metadata, custom-skinned for each station
- Integration with Nielsen for greater insight into online listener demographics
- SGrecast, a multi-user service to quickly turn linear broadcasts into podcasts and side channels
- Dynamic, targeted video and audio ad insertion in local markets, with detailed logging and reporting around playout and exposure
- Connectivity to AdWave ad marketplace warehouse for out-of-market ads
- Automated royalty reporting for efficient delivery of playlist information to the RIAA and SoundExchange
- In-depth audience analytics and stream metrics (SGreports), and e-mail based notification of performance issues (SGalerts)
"Cox Media Group has deployed a highly progressive streaming architecture that StreamGuys will continue to scale and evolve in partnership with their internal teams, ensuring they remain on the leading edge of digital media delivery for many years to come," said Jason Osburn, executive vice president, StreamGuys. "We are elated to deliver a comprehensive SaaS service that, along with our turnkey support, will at once help Cox Media Group solve problems and generate new ideas to push online radio and podcasting forward."
Visit www.streamguys.com for more information.