Seamless to the Rescue! Chicken Soup and Orange Juice Orders Skyrocket as Flu Sufferers Turn to Seamless.com
Seamless (seamless.com), the leading mobile and online service for ordering delivery and takeout food from more than 11,000 top restaurants in the U.S. and UK, announced today that chicken noodle soup and orange juice orders are skyrocketing this January due to an extra strong flu season. Flu victims turn to Seamless to avoid leaving the home and infecting friends and co-workers. From January 1 to January 14, chicken noodle soup orders increased 35 percent over January 2012. There was also a 37 percent increase in matzo ball soup orders, 10 percent increase in Gatorade orders and 19 percent increase in orange juice orders.
In just one month (December 2012 to January 2013), the average number of chicken noodle soup orders on Seamless increased by 36 percent, while the average number of orange juice orders increased 15 percent. With a sore throat or fever, Seamless.com or the full suite of mobile apps, lets people order their favorite flu remedies from the comfort of their homes. No need to pick up the phone. With just a few clicks, soothing chicken noodle soup will be on its way.
"January has been an especially difficult time for flu sufferers. Luckily, the next best thing to having your mom nurse you back to health is Seamless.com," said Ryan Scott, VP of Marketing for Seamless. "With 76 cuisine types, people can order practically anything they need to get better, whether it's chicken noodle soup or orange juice. The only trek is from the sofa to the front door and you never have to call a restaurant!"
Seamless also released some of the flu-related Special Instructions consumers have left for the chefs preparing the food or the people coming to deliver it:
- "I have the flu so please make my soup with extra love. Thank you! :-)"
- "Hey guys, I am home sick with the flu and running out of tissues like every hour. So if you could throw in some extra napkins, that would be soooo nice of you, thank you so much!!!"
- "My friend is sick and I am surprising her with this soup. She is not expecting it. Please tell her I love her."
- "Please knock on door and leave bag outside next to door -- I'm sick and don't want to get delivery person sick."
- "I'm really sick, can you write me a funny joke."
For more information on Seamless, please visit seamless.com or follow @Seamless on Twitter. Sick at home and never tried Seamless before or just ready to stop calling restaurants to get your food? Get $7 off your order with the code FOOD7. For first time users only, some restrictions may apply.
More On: Seamless,