RightScale Launches Cloud Strategy Consulting
Press Release, News
SANTA BARBARA, CA - RightScale® Inc., a demonstrated leader in enterprise cloud management, today formally launched a suite of consulting services, called RightScale CloudSight and Expert Advisor, aimed at helping enterprise customers develop and implement cloud strategies.
RightScale CloudSight offers professional consulting that helps companies define a cloud roadmap, assess their application portfolio, design cloud architectures, and build implementation plans. CloudSight leverages years of RightScale experience implementing some of the largest and most complex enterprise cloud deployments, deep understanding of the major cloud providers, and a proven methodology for driving business value from cloud adoption.
The RightScale Expert Advisor program taps RightScale experts to comprehensively inspect existing RightScale implementations to ensure cloud best practices. Clients get contextual findings and actionable recommendations for running cloud deployments at peak efficiency, saving costs, adapting variable traffic, and preparing for small- or large-scale cloud outages.
The recent RightScale State of the Cloud Report categorized cloud users based on their levels of cloud adoption. The survey found that companies reported more benefits and fewer challenges with expanded adoption of cloud computing. For example, the survey showed security to be a significant challenge for 38 percent of Cloud Beginners, but only 18 percent of the experienced, Cloud Focused, respondents. RightScale CloudSight is designed to help enterprises quickly move along the cloud learning curve and realize greater benefits from the cloud.
"As the complexity around cloud adoption grows, larger enterprises require partners that have the expertise to successfully align cloud strategies with business objectives," said Daniel Moore, vice president of services at RightScale. "We are launching RightScale CloudSight and Expert Advisor in response to increased demand for our help driving strategic cloud initiatives that leverage a portfolio of public and private clouds."
RightScale's services offering includes:
- Enterprise cloud roadmap: RightScale develops an end-to-end plan for enterprise deployment, from strategy to implementation. The plan is designed to reduce risk, speed time to market, and manage costs using robust tools such as PlanForCloud.com.
- Application assessment: RightScale identifies target applications for migration to or initial build on cloud. We assess the cloud-readiness of each application across more than a dozen dimensions, including cloud objectives, technical feasibility, and risks. This ensures only the most qualified apps are transitioned to or built on the cloud.
- Detailed project plans, architecture requirements, and diagrams: RightScale professional services drafts strategic plans and detailed cloud architectures for selected applications. Written requirements cover costs, technology stacks, and cloud selection.
- Advice on various private, public, and hybrid clouds: RightScale has deep experience with all the leading cloud providers, public and private. The RightScale CloudSight team shares the pros and cons and guides clients to the portfolio of clouds that best fits their needs.
- Expert Advisor: For existing RightScale customers, RightScale professional services reviews deployments to maximize efficiency of servers, storage, and databases; reduce costs across resources and clouds; and increase uptime with HA/DR best practices.