Key Industry Leaders to Speak at Bloomberg Markets 50 Summit
Press Release, News
Bloomberg announced today that it will host its third annuAl Bloomberg Markets 50 Summit on September 24, 2013, in New York. The one-day Summit features public and private sector leaders from Bloomberg Markets magazine's list of the 50 Most Influential in global finance this year, which is the cover story of the October 2013 issue.
Before an elite audience of 200 investment professionals at the New-York Historical Society, financial gurus and industry power players will share their perspectives on current trends shaping global markets and where to find investment opportunities.
Speakers will discuss the regulatory landscape five years after the financial crisis. They will also examine how much the way business has or has not changed for investment banks, private equity and hedge funds. Additionally, in the 100th year of the Federal Reserve, the Summit will take a close look at the central bank's influence on markets around the world. Speakers will also talk about the risks to markets from the threat of cyber security, climate change and geopolitical instability in the Middle East.
"Our speakers are men and women who have direct influence in shaping economies worldwide," said Ronald Henkoff, executive editor of Bloomberg Markets magazine. "Their involvement and experience in the most pressing economic and political issues will provide invaluable insights on where investors should put their money."
The Summit will feature panels and interviews with the following esteemed guests (in alphabetical order):
- Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, U.S. Department of Justice
- Glenn Dubin, Chairman & CEO, Highbridge Capital
- Martin Feldstein, President Emeritus, National Bureau of Economic Research; Professor, Economics, Harvard University
- Kenneth Jacobs, Chairman & CEO, Lazard
- Sallie Krawcheck, Co-Owner, 85 Broads
- Richard S. LeFrak, Chairman, President and CEO, LeFrak Organization
- Jim O'Neill, Former Chairman, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Stephen M. Ross, Chairman & Founder, Related Companies
- Eric Schneiderman, Attorney General, State of New York
- Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman & CEO, Blackstone Group
- Lord Adair Turner, Senior Fellow, Institute for New Economic Thinking; Former Chairman, Financial Services Authority
- Mary Jo White, Chair, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Douglas C. Yearley, Jr., CEO and Director, Toll Brothers
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/event/bm50-2013/
Bloomberg Markets magazine's annual list of the 50 Most Influential is selected by the magazine's editors and informed by the expertise of Bloomberg reporters and readers worldwide. The elite list is comprised of people who move stock, bond, commodity and currency markets, who shape economies and build fortunes.
Visa Commercial, Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) and Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking are sponsors of the Summit.