Healthcare Education Website Announces 20 Most Innovative Surgeons Alive Today
HOUSTON, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ A new article by Healthcare-Administration-Degree.net features the 20 Most Innovative Surgeons Alive Today. The article profiles 20 ground-breaking surgeons around the world with emphasis on their educational backgrounds and medical accomplishments. The Healthcare Administration Degree Programs website provides free information and guidance regarding schools and careers in the medical industry.
The 20 surgeons named in the article are noted for significant advances in various fields of medicine including transplants, cardiovascular medicine, tissue regeneration, robotic surgery, ophthalmology, plastic surgery and more. They have worked to develop minimally invasive surgical techniques and scientific devices to the benefit of thousands of patients around the world. The Healthcare-Administration-Degree.net article is meant as inspiration for students to consider creative careers in healthcare profession. http://www.healthcare-administration-degree.net/20-most-innovative-surgeons-alive-today
Below are the names and associated institutions of the 20 Most Innovative Surgeons Alive Today according to the Healthcare-Administration-Degree.net article:
- Denton Cooley, MD - Texas Heart Institute; University of Texas Health Science Center; St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital.
- Russell M. Nelson, MD, PhD - Massachusetts General; University of Minnesota; Salt Lake LDS Hospital.
- Gazi Yasargil, MD - University of Zurich; University of Arkansas College of Medicine.
- Thomas Starzl, MD, PhD - Considered the "Father of Transplantation."
- Jean-Michel Dubernard, MD - Renowned French transplant surgeon.
- Robert F. Spetzler, MD, FACS - University of Arizona College of Medicine.
- Syed Modasser Ali, FRCS - Celebrated Indian ophthalmologic surgeon.
- Ioannis Pallikaris, MD - LASIK surgery innovator.
- Maria Siemionow, MD, PhD - Cleveland Clinic's Lerner College of Medicine.
- Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., MD - Winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom for neurosurgery innovations.
- Pier Cristoforo Giulianotti, MD - University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Kenneth Ouriel, MD - New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
- Gunther O. Hofmann, MD, PhD - German surgical researcher and innovator.
- Anthony Atala, MD - Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine.
- Wirginia Maixner, MD - Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
- Pedro Cavadas, MD, PhD - "Intervention surgery" pioneer.
- John R. Adler, Jr., MD - Prolific medical author and surgical inventor.
- Bernard Devauchelle, MD - Notable French facial transplant surgeon.
- Paolo Macchiarini, MD, PhD - Innovator in human tissue restoration.
- Eric M. Genden, MD - Renowned otolaryngologist and transplant surgeon.
About: Healthcare-Administration-Degree.net is a free website dedicated to medical careers and education. Healthcare Administration Degree Programs features articles and recommendations for medical colleges and universities as well as information about possible careers in the medical profession.