Dell and VMware Deliver Converged Infrastructure Solution Optimized for Desktop Virtualization
On the heels of its announcement to help customers deploy workloads with confidence, Dell with VMware today unveiled a pre-integrated system specifically designed for VMware-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) workloads, the Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2. According to a recent study conducted by the Enterprise Strategy Group, one-third of midmarket and enterprise organizations surveyed currently have some form of desktop virtualization technology deployed, and of these users, more than half leverage VDI. To help channel partners meet the customer demand for VDI workloads, Dell will use Active System as the foundation for its Desktop Virtualization Solutions(DVS) portfolio to enable organizations to rapidly deploy and provision VDI workloads and improve efficiencies through resource optimization and heightened security.
Delivering desktop virtualization via converged infrastructure
Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2 combines Dell server, storage, networking, thin clients and infrastructure management software into a pre-integrated system to provide general purpose virtualized resource pools for virtual desktops. In addition, a full suite of consulting, deployment and support services are available to ease integration and ensure robust operation of the system once deployed.
With organic innovation and expertise gained through the Gale Technologies acquisition, Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View can streamline administration and improve performance of virtual environments, increase user productivity, and reduce the costs of running virtual workloads, all while allowing increased flexibility in the deployment of desktop virtualization.
A key component and differentiator of the intuitive and comprehensive solution is the integrated Dell Active System Manager 7.0, designed to extend the management capabilities of Active System beyond the physical infrastructure to the virtualized infrastructure and workloads. The solution also integrates simplified chassis networking and modular infrastructure to enable organizations to:
- Rapidly respond to dynamic business demands with template based infrastructure and workload provisioning and pre-integrated platform options
- Simplify the complex matrix of technologies required to deploy virtual desktops to support a dynamic virtual workforce
- Accelerate time-to-value by simplifying deployment and management for desktop virtualization and initiatives
- Maximize efficiency withcentralized management, modular power-efficient infrastructure, and a converged fabric
- Improve IT service quality with automated deployment, integration, and management models
- Drive efficiency and lower risk with pre-engineered, reliable infrastructure to reduce deployment time and costs
Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View is the latest addition to the growing portfolio of purpose-built VDI solutions developed jointly by Dell and VMware. Other offerings include Dell - VMware AlwaysOn Desktop and Dell - VMware Mobile Secure Desktop reference architectures, now updated with Active System 800 and Horizon View 5.2, and Dell Wyse P25 and P45 zero clients designed for VMware View.
Investing in the success of Dell and VMware Channel Partners