Decision Lens Unveils Major Enhancements to Its Flagship Product DL3, Enabling Improved Insight Into All Aspects of Enterprise Prioritization
ARLINGTON, VA - Decision Lens, the leading provider of cloud-based, collaborative optimization software, announced today the deployment of Decision Lens 3 version 1.2. This release marks the second major enhancement of its flagship software platform that helps hundreds of large enterprises and agencies gain comprehensive insight into the dozens of initiatives their organization is planning. With DL3's increase in visibility, transparency, and control, organizations are more empowered than ever to make successful prioritization and allocation decisions.
According to a recent study by Paul Nut, titled "Why Decisions Fail," it has been found that decisions getting high participation from stakeholders succeed 80% of the time, but that this only happens 20% of the time. The new features in Decision Lens 3 make it even easier to get all of the right people involved in order to increase the participation rate.
The newest version of Decision Lens 3 provides organizations a more accurate "window" into their decision making by providing a cornucopia of new functionality including the ability to easily compare priorities and viewpoints between teams and a new individual "weighting" feature to prioritize a VIP's opinion appropriately. With this new level of analytic functionality, organizations will be able to accurately combine the opinions of all stakeholders and balance the distribution of funding in order to arrive at informed results on a variety of projects including strategic planning, product portfolio planning, capital planning, R&D, vendor selection and procurement.
Already used by dozens of transportation, transit, facilities, national defense and public works & utilities' entities nationwide, Decision Lens helps organizations streamline and improve the efficacy of their optimization and resource allocation processes. The launch of Decision Lens 3 version 1.2 will better enable these organizations to drive consensus between stakeholders by empowering them with the latest analysis and insight tools that more naturally follow the progression an organization takes when arriving at a decision.
"The latest version of Decision Lens 3 improves the accuracy of enterprise prioritization and resource optimization by not only providing a more powerful and easier set of analytic functions, but also more naturally aligning with the internal dynamics and natural progression of a large group of internal decision makers," said John Kealey, CEO of Decision Lens.
Some of the Key Features and Enhancements of Decision Lens 3 version 1.2 include:
- Enhanced Participant Management
- Introducing "Participant Groups" and "Individual Weighting"
- Get the full picture of how your organization values things compare your Board to your Engineers. Compare your Sales and Delivery teams to your Executives.
- Implement "Crowd-sourcing" in your optimization methods
- Easily handle a VIP participant or differences in participation between two groups that should have equal weight, but have different numbers of people participating.
- More Granular Alternative/Option Management
- Introducing "Alternative Categories"
- Add granularity to your projects or alternatives like geographic regions, asset classes, product groups, or business functions
- In seconds, identify the portion of the budget allocated to specific regions, classes, or business functions.
- More easily and quickly confirm balance and spread of funding and prioritization across any category.
- Improved Visibility Into Your Optimization
- Easily answer questions like "How much of the budget will we be spending on road fixes as opposed to bridge enhancements?"
- Accentuate your Enterprise Asset Management systems by adding clarity to where the budget went and what was funded, changed, or affected
- Easily involve the general public on key areas of a decision affecting the people, while grouping them separate from the stakeholders and executives.
- Improved, More Intuitive Interface
- Optimization algorithms spread around the platform with the layout restructured accordingly
- All tabs have been re-engineered to be as intuitive and easy to use as possible
- The platform now matches how organizations think through prioritization and optimization
- No functionality or data gap between previous version
Decision Lens 3 is built on a flexible, Web Services architecture. The Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model can reduce standup time to a matter of hours, and allows it to run in standard Web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla and Safari.