Ashley Furniture HomeStore Unveils 2013's Hottest Home Furniture Trends
If your resolutions include sprucing up your home -- maybe with a hotel-inspired bedroom makeover or a home theater setup, or perhaps you're furnishing your first apartment, buying a new house or downsizing -- Ashley Furniture HomeStore has the hottest home furniture trends to watch for in 2013.
"We've taken a look at some of the most popular styles in our stores and beyond, as well as the looks and colors we expect will stay strong this year," says Brenda Dillon, VP of Merchandising. "Expect to see these furniture trends everywhere -- in magazines, online, in model homes, and in our windows, as well."
From comfy, crowd-pleasing pieces for the living room, to crossover dining sets that are versatile and functional, this is what to expect for your home in 2013:
- 2013 Dining Trends. With more homes moving to one central eating area, we'll see more crossover looks this year -- dining sets dressy enough for company, but casual enough for everyday. Also look for:
- Higher-height tables and bar stools. They're as popular as ever, especially with clever details like built-in wine storage.
- Servers and cabinets. More buffet-style eating and less formal china in our lives continues to make these pieces big stars.
- A range of styles. From modern looks that work with clean white or chic dark kitchen cabinets, to chunkier, narrower tables that feel communal, to rich traditional looks in deep burnished finishes -- it's all about diversity in 2013.
- 2013 Living Room Trends. Wrapping our living rooms in comfort is getting easier than ever, and sectionals(two-sided and three-sided) are the hottest items. These comfy, crowd-pleasing pieces suit our growing casual approach to living rooms and family-rooms. Other trends include:
- Relaxed design rules. Vintage-casual looks, fewer matched sets, more accent chairs, and linen-like fabrics will all be big this year. Expect more transitional looks, too (not categorized into a particular style), alongside some modern ones.
- TV furniture. Comfort is king as we settle in with our flat-screen TVs. Power-operated reclining mechanisms, deeper seated sofas and affordable home theater setups will all trend upward.
- 2013 Bedroom Trends. Bedrooms may be hidden at the back of the house, but bedroom renovations will take center stage this year as we resolve to get more sleep. Expect to see:
- Casual trends. The growing casual trend that's been taking over homes since 2012 is alive and well in 2013, with traditional and nostalgic rustic references mixing with a love of de-cluttered, urban-style simplicity.
- Two-toning. While two-toned furniture is certainly not a new concept, today's trend is getting a lot of attention for its mix of high-gloss surfaces with stained wood finishes. It's the perfect way to add contrast and a new Focal point to your room.
- Upholstered beds. Ones that don't match the case pieces will add to this casual, relaxed look.
- King-sized beds. Bigger beds will stay popular, helping us replicate the Deluxe hotel experience.
- Bedroom entertainment. TVs are in our bedrooms to stay -- so look for TV-friendly bedroom furniture.
- White is hot. Look for more white in the bedroom; not just in coastal cottage bedroom styles, but in sleek, modern ones, too.
- 2013 Accent Trends. Accessoriesare the easiest way to add personality to our homes -- and we're adding more and more of them. You can expect:
- Contrast. With solid-colored upholstery staying strong in furniture this year, expect accents to be popular, exciting and more affordable than ever.
- A lot of color. Spicier hues, more intriguing patterns and more hand-crafted textures are hot this year.
- A variety of influences. Accents will draw on modern themes (think playful patterns from the 1960s), global themes (exotic finds at a market in Morocco), old world themes (oxblood-accented area rugs), vintage-casual themes (distressed antiques from a Paris flea market), and couture themes (shapely lamp bases with dressy shades).
To learn more about the latest decorating trends, or to browse the hottest new furniture collections and accessories, visit AshleyFurnitureHomeStore.com.