theFashionSpot Celebrates NYFW with Tim Gunn as Guest Editor
Totally Her Media's theFashionSpot (tFS) (www.thefashionspot.com), a fashion-focused community and fashion editorial site, announced February's Guest Editor: Tim Gunn, Emmy Award winning co-host and mentor for Lifetime's "Project Runway" and its newest installment, "Under the Gunn." Throughout the month, Tim divulges his greatest style secrets, the top factors to consider when getting dressed, and his storied experience in the fiercely competitive, cut-throat world of fashion. He joins a distinguished list of guest editors for theFashionSpot, including renowned makeup artist and entrepreneur Trish McEvoy, singer Alanis Morissette, COO of BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP Lubov Azria, celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez, and supermodels Molly Sims and Josie Maran.
"As an educator, I love sharing my journey in the fashion world with others who are eager to learn about the industry-and I can't think of an online community more devoted than theFashionSpot," said Gunn. "Filling the role of guest editor during fashion's biggest week has been a true joy, and I am so pleased that I've been able to engage with this group of cutting-edge, style enthusiasts."
Tim Gunn Weighs In On:
The Cut-Throat Nature of the Fashion Industry
- "Designers quite frankly hate each other! It's so incredibly competitive and if two designers are sitting next to one another, odds are they are seeing each other as competition and thinking 'if you didn't exist, I would sell more clothes!'"
- "If you're going to cry a river every time you get knocked down, this isn't the industry for you. It's incredibly tough; I cannot underline this point enough."
- "Don't think that just because you are interning or going to school outside of a major city (like New York) that what you are doing is not relevant, especially because, thanks to the internet, we can take a magical tour anywhere."
- "No matter how many celebrities I meet and no matter how many years I am on television, I am still starstruck; even by Heidi...I always catch myself thinking I can't believe I'm sitting here with Heidi Klum!"
- "I give my feedback and if a designer is not receptive then, tough! It's up to each of them to decide what to do with what I'm saying. But sometimes, it's more about giving someone a big hug and helping them see the value in not giving up."