Weddington Way Predicts Bridal Fashion Trends for 2013
Weddington Way, an online bridesmaid boutique, attended the 2012 Bridal Fashion Week in New York City and has identified the following industry trends as being likely to have a major impact on early 2013 bridal and bridesmaid fashions:
- Colors for the upcoming bridesmaid season will run the gamut from jewel tones (such as emerald green, sapphire blue and ruby red) to tropical corals and mints to basic black. A focus on “LBDs” (little black dresses) as a trendy bridesmaid style should appeal to budget-conscious brides who want to ensure that bridal party members will be able to re-wear their wedding apparel at later dates.
- Structural changes to traditional bridesmaid styles are being seen in the return of exposed backs, racer backs and halters, as well as the debut of interesting hemlines with “high-low” profiles (in which the hem in front is shorter than in the back, creating an attractive fluttery effect). Grossgrain ribbon tied at the waist was also frequently used to add special detailing to otherwise simple dresses and to emphasize figure-flattering waistlines for bridal party members.
- In the upcoming bridesmaid fashion seasons, chiffon fabrications will continue to be popular, however newer designs will play with different fabrics, such as lace (including options in non-traditional colors beyond standard neutrals), tulle and netting (either alone or in combination with one another), charmeuse, and structured silks.
- Bridal trends for the upcoming season also highlight the layering of different fabrics (especially Guipure lace), as well as a wider range of colors than ever before. Plenty of softer alternatives to white and ivory (including peach, pink, buff, blush and champagne) continue to grow in popularity, as do bolder and brighter pinks, reds and blues – giving the 2013 bride a better opportunity to express her unique style on her big day.
- Sparkle is going to be big in the coming months. At this fall’s bridal fashion events, the Weddington Way team observed bridesmaid styles featuring shimmery fabrics and Lurex woven into lightweight materials, as well as sequins and gold detailing making several appearances on new bridal gowns.
Ilana Stern, CEO of Weddington Way, also noted one trend from NYC’s Bridal Fashion Week that’s sure to excite non-traditional brides – the growing popularity of bridesmaid dresses featuring peplum skirts and color blocking. “2013 bridal parties can look forward to plenty of fun, new color combinations and silhouettes,” she says. “These fashion-forward looks will definitely appeal to brides who want their wedding parties to stand out and make a statement.”
To see these styles in action – or for further information on the trends that are expected to shape the early 2013 bridal and bridesmaid fashion season – visit the Weddington Way website at http://www.weddingtonway.com.
About Weddington Way:
Weddington Way is an online bridesmaid boutique that aims to fundamentally change the way brides and their best friends shop for bridesmaid dresses. Combining the aesthetic of a fashion company, the ease and efficiency of online shopping and the service of a personal shopper, the Weddington Way website allows brides to shop a curated selection of bridesmaid dresses by top designers, select their favorite styles and share them with members of the bridal party, who can then select their favorites and coordinate ordering from within a single online destination.