The Canvas Lands' End Spring Collection Shot in Nashville
It's February, but spring is in the air especially in Nashville, TN, where Canvas Lands' End recently photographed their spring collection. For 72 hours, the brand canvassed the vibrant town, making it the backdrop for their catalog shoot. Models showcased the collection as they shopped for records, ate food-truck tacos and shot pool at some of Nashville's best hangouts. The happening town, filled with great music, amazing eats and old-fashioned hospitality was the perfect pairing for the fresh, laid-back styles Canvas Lands' End will be offering this spring.
"The Canvas Lands' End collection was created in the spirit of taking to the open road. It's an optimistic approach to exploring new places or discovering the unexpected in well-traveled destinations," says J Henley Design Director for Lands' End. "We chose Nashville for our spring shoot because it captures that sense of adventure. The vibrant energy of the town was the perfect backdrop to highlight the modern pieces in our collection. They're versatile enough to take you from that first cup of morning coffee to a late night honky-tonk."
For music lovers, Canvas Lands' End recommends checking out the scene on Lower Broadway. Take in the tunes at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge or pick up some vinyl at Lawrence Records in the following styles:
- Guys can look cool in Vintage Pique Polos ($39) and Everyday Cotton Chino Shorts ($44), both available in a mix of colors.
- The ladies can keep it casual yet hip in a Voile Popover Tunic ($64-$68) in sunny spring colors and prints with 5" Chino Shorts ($39). Or, to make it even more casual, swap the tunic for an Open Stitch Cable Pullover ($68).
The nightlife is fun but chill in Nashville. Some hot spots to try include Springwater Supper Club (the ultimate dive bar) and Robert's Western World. But don't go without throwing on the following looks from Canvas Lands' End:
- Guys can get the blues in a stylish way with an Indigo Field Issue Crew ($64) or a Printed Poplin Shirt in Regiment Navy Print ($39). Pair the blue on top with the 5-Pocket 608 Slim Canvas Indigo Pants ($98) to keep the look really on trend.
- Women can dress up for a night out in the Silk Front Tie Dress in floral prints ($128) or stay laid-back with a Dolman Open Crewneck in pastel colors ($38) paired with Drawstring Seersucker Pants ($68) or Slim Slouch Pleated Oxford Pants ($64).
Nashville offers some great options for dining. From old-fashioned eats at the Elliston Place Soda Shop to hip food-truck dining at the Mas Tacos Por Favor truck, the variety is wide and the food is great. Canvas Lands' End offers some great styles for every dining experience:
- Guys can dress it up with a variety of Oxford Shirts in traditional solids and stripes as well as shades of indigo ($39-$54). Paired with Slim or Straight Fit Elston Chinos ($58), he will look polished and ready to go. Make the look even cooler by layering on a Cotton Linen Cardigan ($59). Or, keep it casual for a food truck dining experience with an Indigo Pocket Tee ($39) and Comer Chino Shorts ($44).
- The same goes for the ladies. Look cute and dressed up in a Polka Dot Skirt ($64) paired with a Colorblock Crewneck Cardigan, ($52) or go dressed down and comfortable in a French Terry Maxi Dress ($84) or French Terry Colorblock Dress ($58).
For the out-of-towners, you can't visit Nashville without seeing the sights. A great place to start is the Drake Motel. While you likely won't see any celebs coming and going, it is a great place to pull over and snap some pictures of your Nashville visit. Make the images memorable by trying the following looks from Canvas Lands' End: