Stylesight Forecasts Trends for Spring/Summer 2014
Stylesight, the industry leading global content and technology solution for style, fashion and design professionals, announced runway forecasts for the upcoming Spring/Summer 2014 womenswear collections. Several themes will dominate the runway including a heavy use of aquatic colors, a return to 50s inspired feminine silhouettes, and athletic looks with technical fabrics.
"Spring/Summer 2014 will be all about reinterpretations," said Lizzy Bowring, Fashion Director at Stylesight. "Traditional patterns and prints will take interesting twists, retro-looks re-imagined, and we expect to see a continuation of the fluid and oceanic colors that showed in the resort collections. We're also looking forward to an array of technical materials that exude smooth, clean lines in a black & white and neutral palette."
Stylesight forecasts the following key themes for this September's runways:
- Blue: Blue will be the color of the season, to be demonstrated in a denim revival from indigo to light shades of blue. Designers will display a continuation of the aquatic theme in the form of flowing, ethereal silhouettes that were recently seen in resort collections.
- Mathematical precision: A return to simplicity will emerge in the form of clean, geometric lines and fabrics such as smooth cottons, linens and foam backed pieces. A strong color scheme of black & white, neutrals and metallic will drive collections.
- Everyday Sport: Technical fabrics like neoprene and jersey will be incorporated into athletic inspired ready-to-wear. Fluid silhouettes will be worn with sturdy sport pieces.
- Safari Interpretations: A departure from the traditional take on tribal inspired attire as collections will be more about Safari Luxe and desert chic incorporating an exotic vibe.
- Retro Inspired Dresses: Dresses will remain a major staple of designer collections this season. Feminine silhouettes and modern interpretations of the fit 'n' flare and cloche shapes of the 50s will appear along with silhouettes that nod to the 70s.
Stylesight is the fashion industry's leading resource for the most concise and comprehensive runway coverage, producing over 80 reports that analyze each piece in every collection, immediate snapshots of key items and off-the-runway musings from street style to parties to key conversations. Stylesight clients can experience collections up close with Stylesight's Runway: Quick Look, a fast and intuitive way to see every head-to-toe look from every runway in New York, London, Milan and Paris. Follow Stylesight's Spring/Summer 2014 runway coverage at www.stylesight.com/blog.