John Frieda Teamed Up with Rodarte on Fall/Winter 2014 Show
For the third consecutive season, John Frieda Hair Care worked with lead stylist Odile Gilbert to create a runway-worthy look for the Rodarte presentation at New York Fashion Week. Odile collaborated with Rodarte creators Laura and Kate Mulleavy to develop a look that complemented the designers' Fall/Winter 2014 collection, a nod to the carefree hair of the their youth. Because the hair was styled in long, messy waves, Odile utilized John Frieda Hair Care products that would keep hair healthy while also maintaining texture, understanding that the style could veer to damaged and scraggly without the right stylers. The result: ephemeral and nostalgic creating a beautiful glow.
THE STYLIST: Odile Gilbert
- To begin, Odile coated hair with Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner to prep hair, ensuring it looked healthy and felt hydratedthe perfect canvas for the look
- After pulling the hair into two sections and creating two long braids, Odile blew the hair dry to give the hair a subtle wave.
- Odile then undid the braids and worked Frizz Ease Unwind Curls Calming Creme through hair to give it relaxed, carefree texture, concentrating on the ends
- Next, Odile took a piece from the side, twisted it and pulled it to the back of the head, securing it with pins and a Rodarte hand-made clip
- To finish the look, Odile spritzed Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray to give hair touchable, flexible hold
Kao USA Inc. is a leading manufacturer of premium beauty care brands that are recognized around the world for their innovation and quality. The Kao USA Inc. Consumer Products portfolio includes Ban antiperspirants; Jergens and Curel hand and body lotions; Bior facial care; John Frieda Frizz-Ease , Root Awakening, Luxurious Volume, Sheer Blonde , Brilliant Brunette , Radiant Red , Full Repair Precision Foam Color and Luminous Color Glaze hair care. Founded in 1882, Kao USA Inc. is amember of the Kao Group of companies.