Fluid, Inc. to Host Webcast on Consumer Customization
Online retailers are realizing that trying to address the unique differences among consumers by offering mass produced items, no matter how suitable and appealing, is increasingly becoming an uphill battle. Fewer consumers are truly satisfied with a "one size fits all" product as people place greater emphasis on their individual needs, desires and circumstances. To help ecommerce marketers address this challenge, Fluid will present a webinar that examines the era of meeting consumers' unique preferences through mass customization.
The one hour event, "MAKING THE CASE FOR MASS CUSTOMIZATION: The Best Way to Meet Customer Needs today," will be broadcast on Tuesday, November 13 at 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Register here for "Making the Case for Mass Customization: The Best Way to Meet Customer Needs Today," and you will be entered to win a gift certificate to design your own shoes online.
Fluid hosts Neil Patil, Chief Product Officer, and David M. Hogue, Ph.D., VP of Experience Design, will be joined by Jud Barr of JTBSOP Consulting for the 40 minute presentation and 15 minute Q&A session. The webinar will begin with an introduction to mass customization and will examine how the barriers to offering and manufacturing configurable products are going down.
Participants will also learn:
- The five approaches to mass customization – ranging from mass produced items presented in a way that feels custom to truly unique custom manufactured products that are made to a consumer's individual specifications;
- The value consumers place on custom-made products;
- Details about how retailers have benefited from offering custom-manufactured products;
- How online product configurators are the key to seizing market opportunities; and
- How improvements in flexible manufacturing and fulfillment systems are making product customization more affordable for retailers.
Our on-demand visual merchandising suite and award-winning digital agency services incite consumer action. Our work for world-class customers like The North Face, Clorox, Gymboree, Benefit Cosmetics, JELD-WEN, and Brooks Brothers brings their brands to life, making the digital shopping experience fun, vivid, intuitive and social. Brands and retailers tap our combination of strategic consulting, custom design and development services, and our visual merchandising suite to engage, convert and retain consumers with unique digital experiences.
Fluid is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York and Chicago. For more information, visit http://www.fluid.com (agency services) or http://www.fluidretail.com (on-demand visual merchandising suite) and follow us on Twitter @Fluid or Facebook/FluidInc.