CELEBRATE BALLET & WORLD DANCERS Performance Set for The Ware Center, 4/6
The love of dance & community will transcend culture & generational differences on the Ware Center Stage April 6th at 3 PM during the "Celebrate Ballet & World Dances" performance. It's the third annual year for this special afternoon of dance featuring local studios, choreographers and individual dancers.
World Dances from Israel, India, Ukraine, Russia, Hawaii & Hungary will be presented along with selections of Russian and American ballet with even a touch of Samba. Over 10 area dance groups and studios will be performing unique pieces from their varied repertoire. Then to end the concert, all participants will be dancing together! The program, coordinated by Valerie Henry, Lynn Brooks & Marylin Beittel, is part of the Ware Center Dance Collaborative.
The program includes:
· "Kurathi: A Classical Dance of India" by Christine Chever Healy;
· "Mississippi Suite :An American Ballet" choreographed by Judy Williams-Henry and danced by The Goodwill Through Dance Ensemble;
· "Prologue from Sleeping Beauty" staged by Viktor Yeliohin, Founder/Artistic Director of Viktor Yeliohin International School of Ballet;
· Lancaster School of Ballet/Carolyn Trythall Founder/Artistic Director; "Beresnanka: A Lively Ukrainian Dance;
· "Excerpt From Handel's Messiah" choreographed by Valerie Henry; Dance Discovery & Movement Laboratory;
· Zita Angelo World Dance; Swine Herders Couples Dance;
· "Green Rose Hula" choreographed by Mika Cox McDougall with music by Mika Hula & Ukulele Uprising;
· "Sevilla" choreographed by Dana Shelley, danced by Encore Performance Company;
· "Winters Flight" choreographed by Travis Love, Foot Prints Dance School, music by Pietro Mascagni;
· "Samballet" choreographed Pedro de Lima/Viktor Yeliohin International School of Ballet, a delightful blend of Samba & Ballet.
There is a family-friendly reception that follows the performance: a chance for the audience to meet the performers and creators.
"Celebrate Ballet & World Dances" is sponsored by Millersville University, Rodgers & Associates, Ann B. Barshinger, Mary S. Burton & Laurent Horne, Aussie and the Fox, Fine Living Lancaster, Hagelgans & Veronis, Dr. Mary Kearns & Dr. Jon Walker and Peggy Neff.
Tickets: $15 | $5 students. Call 717-872-3811 or 717-871-2308. Online at www.artsmu.com. In person at the Ware Center Box Office (42 N. Prince St., Lancaster) or the SMC building on the MU campus. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged. Tickets may also be purchased the day of the show, one hour prior to the performance. Discount parking vouchers are available for the Prince Street Garage, located at the corner of North Prince Street and West Orange.