BAX Seeks Choreographers For 2014 Upstart Festival; Deadline 10/25
BAX, Brooklyn Arts Exchange, Upstart Festival
The Upstart Festival ushers in fresh talent with an intriguing festival of performances and roundtable discussions. We seek artists who have no more than three years of experience showing their work in New York City. Work will be produced as part of a two-day showcase in the BAX theater, Friday & Saturday, February 7-8 2014, and curated by dance/video artist and former BAX Artist In Residence Jillian Peña and Founding and Executive Director, Marya Warshaw.
Application must be submitted electronically (see below) no later than Friday October 25 at 5:00PM. Notification will be on or before November 8, 2013.
This application requires a 5 minute work sample uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube. We require that the sample be of the work you are submitting . Please note that the most successful applications include a work sample that is simple, clear & unedited. Rehearsal footage is preferable to footage shot from a long distance where the work and intent is less clear. Include title, year created, venue produced/presented in, and any funding credits.
Applicants must have produced work in New York 3 years or less.
- While work sample is five minutes in length, the work performed may be up to 12 minutes.
- Upstart artists will receive 2 free hours in the BAX theater to prepare for their performances.
- There will be a MANDATORY ROUNDTABLE on Monday, November 18, 2013 from 7-9 p.m.
- Performances are Friday and Saturday February 7-8 2014.
- Work will be selected for only ONE performance.