Jacqueline Novak, Taylor Clark, COMEDY SCHOOL DROPOUT and More Set for Beauty Bar's May 2013 Lineup
Negin Farsad, Amy Albert and Beth McGregor present the weekly standup show, Comedy School Dropout. In the grand tradition of East Village alternative rooms, Comedy School Dropout brings top-notch standup comics, the occasional comedy musical act, subversive duo, or extremely talented threesome, to the stage for the cut-rate price of zero dollars.
Comedy School Dropout comedians have been featured on MTV, Comedy Central, IFC, Showtime and most other known network channels. Three weeks worth of kick-ass lineups are below. And yes, the rumors of FREE PIZZA from the East Village's own Krust is true...very, very true.
- Jacqueline Novak from DoucheChillz. On Twitter @jacquelinenovak,
- John Flynn on Twitter @JFly99
- Skinny Bitch Jesus Meeting from NY Fringe, WICF, and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. On Twitter @SkinnyBJMeeting
- Sharon Spell from the The Big Shrink. On Twitter @UCBeast
- Dan Wilbur author of "How Not to Read", and from Lasers in the Jungle. On Twitter @betterbooktitle,
- Max Boyajian
- Amanda Duarte
- Sam Bednarz from Spike TV. On Twitter @theogsammajamma
- Justin Murray from Huffington Post, and the Iowa Comedy Festival. On Twitter @TheJustinMurray,
- Emily Fleming On Twitter @FlemilyEming
- Kate Tellers
- Taylor Clark
- Brandon T. Snider writer of INSIDE AMY SCHUMER and the DARK KNIGHT MANUAL. On Twitter @BrandonTSnider
- Sasheer Zamata On Twitter @thesheertruth
Hosts/curators/grand poobahs, Negin Farsad and Amy Albert are bringing their none-too-shabby experience to the Beauty Bar stage. Farsad, an Iranian-American comic, was recently named one of the Top 50 Female Comedians by Huffington Post and has written for and performed on an MTV, Comedy Central series, Nickelodeon and a PBS animated series, an IFC newsy show, and umpteen web projects. She is also director of the recent feature film release Nerdcore Rising which premiered at SXSW, winning various awards for best film and best director. Her work has been called "hilarious" by Salon, the Austin Chronicle, the Wall Street Journaland a lot of other publications who chose to use the same adjective. Beth McGregor, an NYC standup fixture who was recently featured at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the Boston Women In Comedy Festival, and the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Negin & Beth are joined by Becky Yamamoto, long time fixture to the NY Comedy scene, she can regularly be seen at comedy hot spots like UCB, Ars Nova, The PIT, and Here.
Comedy School Dropout
@ Beauty Bar
231 East 14th
(bet 2nd & 3rd)
Upcoming shows are every Wednesday and you can expect to see the same caliber of comedians grace the lineup each week.