Flamenco Guitar Virtuoso Jesse Cook Supports Syracuse Stage with Concert Tonight
Flamenco guitar virtuoso Jesse Cook will perform in Syracuse one night only, tonight, June 7 to benefit Syracuse Stage.
The concert will start at 9:00 p.m. in the Goldstein Auditorium in the Schine Student Center on the Syracuse University campus. Doors open at 8:45 p.m. General admission tickets cost $30. For more information and to purchase tickets, call the Syracuse Stage Box Office at 315-443-3275 or visit the Syracuse Stage website.
ABOUT JESSE COOK:
· Jesse Cook and his band incorporate elements of flamenco rumba, jazz, and many forms of world music. Cook is known internationally as one of the most influential figures in Nuevo Flamenco music.
· His music has been featured on Sex and the City, The Chris Isaak Show and several Olympic Games.
· Canada's Gabrielle Daleman, and Russian pairs Stolbova and Klimov's skated to Jesse's music in their routines at the Olympic Games in Sochi.
· At the 2006 Winter Olympics, Irina Slutskaya of Russia won a bronze medal skating to Cook's composition "Mario Takes a Walk".
· Jesse is a Juno Award winner, Acoustic Guitar Player's Choice Award silver winner in the Flamenco Category and a three-time winner of the Canadian Smooth Jazz award for Guitarist of the Year.
SYRACUSE STAGE GALA 2014:
Jesse Cook's Syracuse concert will be part of the Syracuse Stage Gala, an annual fundraiser presented by the Syracuse Stage Board of Trustees and the Syracuse Stage Guild. This year's event will celebrate Stage's founding artistic director Arthur Storch (1925 - 2013). In addition, Jim Clark will be honored for his longtime leadership of Stage. The honorary chair of the Gala is Louis G. Marcoccia, President of Syracuse Stage's Board of Trustees, and Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Syracuse University. Co-chairs of the Gala are Fran Nichols (Vice Chair of Syracuse Stage's Board of Trustees and Vice Chairman of Eric Mower + Associates) and Jacki Goldberg (Syracuse Stage Guild Board Member).