VIDEO: Colman Domingo, Anika Larsen and More Read Mozambican Children's Book for National Read Across America Day
To celebrate National Read Across America Day and as part of a global event celebrating the first ever original children's book created for Mozambique, non-profit organization CouldYou? has released a video of Broadway, TV, and film stars reading the "Mr. Rabbit and the Well" aloud. Check it out below!
In addition to the video's release, there will also be live read-aloud events in New York, Los Angeles, London, South Africa, and Mozambique.
The following Broadway, TV, and film stars participated in reading "Mr. Rabbit and the Well":
- Marsha Stephanie Blake is a SAG Award-winning actress of TV, film, and stage who recently played prison counselor Berdie Rogers on the hit Netflix show "Orange is the New Black." She is well known for her acclaimed performances on Broadway and Off Broadway, including Othello (with David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig), The Merchant of Venice (with Al Pacino), and Joe Turner's Come and Gone.
- Ami Brabson is an actress and singer best known for playing Judge Karyn Blake for five seasons of "Law & Order: SVU," and her recurring role on FX's "Damages" with Glenn Close. Her solo cabaret show, Phenomenal Woman, ran to sold out crowds in New York.
- Andre Braugher is a nine-time Emmy Award nominated and two-time Emmy Award winning actor who is a veteran of TV, film, and stage. He can currently be seen as Captain Ray Holt on the hit Fox TV series "Brooklyn Nine-Nine", now in its fourth season.
- Colman Domingo is an award-winning actor, playwright, and director who currently plays Victor Strand on the hit AMC spin-off "Fear the Walking Dead." On stage he was Tony Award nominated for his role in Kander and Ebb's The Scottsboro Boys, and his plays Dot, Wild with Happy, and A Boy and His Soul have been produced in New York and across the country.
- Anika Larsen is a Drama Desk-winning and Tony Award nominated actress who is best known for originating Cynthia Weil in the Beautiful: The Carole King Musical on Broadway. She starred in the closing Broadway company of Avenue Q, and has also been seen in the Broadway companies of Xanadu, Rent, and All Shook Up. Her debut solo album, "Sing You To Sleep," was released in 2014 to great acclaim.