Storey Publishing Releases Spring 2014 Catalog
Here at Storey, we stand by our mission to publish practical information that encourages personal independence in harmony with the environment. Our Spring 2014 list is sure to inspire your audience to explore hands-on projects, learn new skills, and create something to be proud of. In our 30 years of book publishing, we've discovered that some of the best new ideas are rooted in time-tested ways from the past. Our Spring 2014 list offers fresh, creative takes on a variety of traditional activities, such as growing and preparing food, sewing, knitting, brewing beer, building, raising animals, and more. We invite you to rediscover the possibilities to be found in open-fire cooking, take a new approach to preserving food, and experience the joy of learning dozens of other age-old skills and applying them to contemporary life. These pleasures resonate with readers of all generations.
Below, we've highlighted some new titles that we don't want you to miss, with ideas for incorporating them into your coverage.
- The Backyard Homestead Book of Building Projects: Outdoor functionality is maximized with projects both decorative and productive. Share inspirational photos, or even a project tutorial.
- The Put ?em Up! Preserving Answer Book: Everyone has questions about preserving food, but with these Q & As, preserving doesn't have to be intimidating. Make this the year your audience gives it a try by providing them with a sampling of Sherri's FAQs.
- Cooking with Fire: Traditional wood-fire cooking techniques and recipes. Give your audience some recipes for summer celebrations, or interview the author for a story about the history of live-fire cooking.
- Drink the Harvest: Recipes for juices, teas, wines and more using fresh ingredients for nutritious alternatives to store-bought beverages. A refreshing story idea for summer months.
- Little One-Yard Wonders: Patterns and instructions for sewing for babies and kids with only one yard of fabric. Share ideas for handmade baby shower or birthday party gifts this spring.
- Ultimate Dining Hall Hacks: Creative ideas for using dining hall ingredients to make awesome meals. Perfect for high-school graduation presents and back-to-school gifts for college kids!
- The Handmade Marketplace, 2nd Edition: How to market and sell handmade goods with guidance from Kari Chapin and her community of successful entrepreneurs, with new social media advice and profiles of artisans making it work! Share tips to help crafters get started.
- The Knowledgeable Knitter: Knitters will learn how techniques work to become better knitters. Share an excerpt or author interview.
- Storey Basics: 12 new titles teach essential skills on topics ranging from cooking to farming and crafting to herbal health.