Scholastic's Summer 2013 Catalog Lineup Announced
Scholastic has officially announced their literary lineup for the Summer 2013 catalog. The digital edition is now live, and available here. The print edition is set for release between May and August 2013. Check out some of the catalog's highlights below!
YA for Readers of All Ages
- From screenwriter and essayist Paul Rudnick comes his debut young adult novel: a magical transformation story about a plain girl who moves to New York City and explores the unforgiving world of high fashion, celebrity, and transcendent beauty in Gorgeous. Next summer's ultimate beach read!
- Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg is a witty, smart, coming-out-again story that will appeal to gay and straight kids alike as they watch Rafe navigate being different, fitting in, and what it means to be himself.
- Author David Massey's experience as an emergency supplies consultant to London's Metropolitan Police and its counter-terrorism unit helped inspire his debut novel, Torn. In this powerful debut war thriller and cross-cultural love story, an idealistic British army medic is confronted with the realities and limitations of a war-torn Afghanistan, where peace is fragile and bullets are plenty.
- Acclaimed writer/English professor Eric Gansworth's YA debut, If I Ever Get Out of Here, is a frank and funny portrait of the transformative and unlikely friendship between a Native American boy and an Air Force kid in upstate New York in 1975. Gansworth is an enrolled member of the Onondaga Nation, he was born and raised at the Tuscarora Reservation in Niagara County in upstate New York.
- Fans of Meg Cabot's Abandon series will find the newest installment Awaken a thrilling journey from the Underworld and back to Earth, as the Furies discover that their strictest rule has been broken. To return balance between life and death, someone must die in Pierce's stead.