NSTA Releases 'Doing Good Science in Middle School'
This lively book from NSTA contains the kind of guidance that could only come from middle school science teaching veterans. The authors of Doing Good Science in Middle School, Expanded 2nd Edition have made the book easy to use, whether you want to read it cover to cover or pick out sections to help you with lesson planning and classroom management. They have thoroughly revised this second edition to meet the needs of today's students. The book contains:
- big-picture concepts, such as how to understand middle school learners and explore the nature of science with them;
- a comprehensive overview of science and engineering practices, STEM, and inquiry-based middle school science instruction, aligned with A Framework for K-12 Science Education and the Next Generation Science Standards;
- 10 new and updated teacher-tested activities that integrate STEM with literacy skill-building;
- information on best instructional practices and professional-development resources; and
- connections to the Common Core State Standards in English language arts and mathematics.
If you're a new teacher, you'll gain a solid foundation in how to teach science and engineering practices while better understanding your often-enigmatic middle-grade students. If you're a veteran teacher, you'll benefit from a fresh view of what your colleagues are doing in new times. Either way, Doing Good Science in Middle School, Expanded 2nd Edition is a rich opportunity to reaffirm that what you do is "good science."
You can browse sample pages of this new book for free at the NSTA Science Store website at www.nsta.org/store.
For additional information or to purchase Doing Good Science in Middle School, visit the NSTA Science Store at www.nsta.org/store. To order by phone, call 800-277-5300 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET weekdays. The 245-page book is priced at $36.95 and discount-priced for NSTA members at $29.56. (Stock # PB183E2, ISBN # 978-1-938946-07-3)
The Arlington, Va.-based National Science Teachers Association is the largest professional organization in the world promoting excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all. NSTA's current membership includes more than 50,000 science teachers, science supervisors, administrators, scientists, business and industry representatives, and others involved in science education.
NSTA Press produces 25-30 new books and e-books each year. Focused on the preK-college market and specifically aimed at teachers of science, NSTA Press titles offer a unique blend of accurate scientific content and sound teaching strategies.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2014 Business Wire