Her Interactive Releases Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion
Leading video game publisher and developer Her Interactive today released Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion, the 30th edition of its award-winning mystery adventure series exclusively for PC and Mac. In this latest modern-day incarnation, the iconic teen sleuth must travel to New Zealand to unravel the mystery surrounding a reality television show gone wrong. Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion is available now at all major retail stores and at http://www.herinteractive.com for $19.99.
In The Shattered Medallion, Nancy and George compete in Pacific Run, a hit New Zealand reality TV contest. Ever since 2002's Secret of the Scarlet Hand, the eccentric Sonny Joon always seemed a step ahead of Nancy. But as he runs this reality show, everything starts spiraling out of control. Are the mishaps the result of cheating competitors or something beyond this world? Step into Nancy Drew's shoes to uncover the truth.
"Nancy, George and Bess are together again for our 30th Nancy Drew game," said Stuart Moulder, CEO, Her Interactive. "In The Shattered Medallion, fans are in store for another thrilling game experience. We are grateful for our fans that have joined Nancy on previous adventures and are excited to have them experience this unique adventure, too."
Key features include:
- Take on Teams of Competitive Contestants: Collect medallion pieces by beating other reality TV teams in a series of contests.
- Quiet on the Set: The producer areas are VERY off limits, but solving puzzles will get you inside the mines and even in an undersea submersible.
- Forge Alliances or Betray Your Allies: It's your choice. Just remember that some contestants bend rulesothers won't hesitate before breaking them.
- Take a Quiz at the Kiwi Way of Life: Play mini games and learn more about New Zealand plants, geography and native Maori words.
- Select Difficulty Levels and Erase Mistakes: Compete at Amateur or Master Sleuth level and erase any mistakes without starting over.
"Nancy finds herself on a perilous adventure in New Zealand with Sonny Joon, an enigmatic figure from her past, and he'll throw quite a wrench in the works," said Cathy Roiter, Game Designer, Her Interactive. "The blend between the game show competition and Sonny's mysterious quests keeps the action racing forward to its illuminating end."