Dr. Lawrence M. Rich Guides Students and Parents Through the College Admission Process in New Book
As a high school administrator and school counselor for more than 20 years, Lawrence M. Rich, Ph.D. knows that preparing for college is a critical endeavor and that the college admissions process can be a tricky terrain to navigate. In his new book, "College Admissions for the other 95%: A Guide to the School Counseling Office (from a Director of School Counseling)," Dr. Rich shares tips and tricks for students and parents who want to make the admission process a smooth, efficient and, most of all, rewarding experience.
Dr. Rich observes that most college admission guidebooks are geared towards the 5% of students interested in enrolling in the most competitive colleges. "College Admissions for the other 95%" was written to help the other 95% who are considering all colleges for admission. It is designed to be a guide to the school counselor's office, presented in a format that is user-friendly and practicable.
"Like the first tour of the school library, (this book) is meant to show the user how to find information on any subject they need to be successful in the college admissions process. The reader can select the topics of most interest to them as they need them, or they can read the entire book," Dr. Rich said.
"College Admissions for the other 95%" is a useful starting ground for students and parents and a valuable resource to all school counseling departments who want to become better guides to college applicants. This incisive and relevant manual has arrived just in time.