Barnes & Noble Offers Educators Discounts for Educator Appreciation, 4/12
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), one of the nation's largest booksellers and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced that its nearly 700 stores will host informative events on digital education customized to the needs of local educators and offer teachers an additional discount on classroom and personal purchases during April Educator Appreciation Days, April 12-20.
Barnes & Noble's Educator Discount Program applies to pre-K to grade 12 teachers, administrators, media specialists, as well as homeschool educators.
Educators who shop at Barnes & Noble during Educator Appreciation Days* will receive:
- A special 25% discount on personal and classroom book purchases, including Children's and Teen and educational toys and games (an additional 5% discount on top of what educators receive through the Educator Discount Program).
- A special 25% discount on music, movies, tech gear and more (an additional 15% discount on top of what teachers receive through the Educator Discount Program).
- A chance to win either a NOOK or a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card (one educator per region).
- $20 off NOOK GlowLight, Barnes & Noble's lightweight reader featuring perfectly lit pages and instant access to NOOK's massive selection of more than 3 million titles. (Limit of 3 devices per educator purchase.)
- Educators who visit their local Barnes & Noble retail store will receive a promotional flyer that includes an access code for the following free digital magazines and eBooks available on all mobile devices that have the Free NOOK Reading App:
Time and Sports Illustrated for Kids (one copy of each NOOK Magazine)
The Literacy Cookbook: A Practical Guide to Effective Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening Instruction: Grades K-12 by Sarah Tantillo and Newbery-award winner Sarah Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan (one full copy of each NOOK Book).
As part of Educator Appreciation Days, Barnes & Noble stores will customize their receptions for classroom teachers, librarians and other specialized educators based on the needs of teachers in their local communities. From grant-writing workshops to NOOK "Appy Hour" events to discussions on summer reading and suggested titles, stores will highlight key products and provide presentations on topics affecting educators. A NOOK Reading App presentation will provide educators with information on how the app can help them overcome the challenge of students bringing their own device to school. The NOOK Reading App, available on a variety of mobile devices, ensures everyone in the classroom is using the same digital books.
"We're excited to once again offer educators a 25% discount on classroom and personal purchases, which includes music, movies and electronics that are normally discounted at 10%," said Sarah DiFrancesco, Vice President of Business Development for Barnes & Noble. "We know teachers appreciate being able to purchase classroom tools, workbooks, study aids, movies, headphones and music to augment classroom learning."
Many stores will also host My Favorite Teacher Contest celebrations, honoring their local winner and inviting the student who wrote the winning essay, poem or letter to read it aloud to friends, family and supporters from the school, district and community. Each local My Favorite Teacher winner is entered into a regional contest, where five winners receive a NOOK and a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. From the pool of regional winners, the company will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and Barnes & Noble will also donate $5,000 to the winning teacher's school.
Educators are encouraged to visit the Barnes & Noble Store Locator at www.bn.com/storelocator for store locations and additional details.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/bn-at-school. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts. See any bookseller for details.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 663 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web's largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 696 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2014 Business Wire